TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
wow...looks like a completely different coaster! wow...I'm not sure I'm liking the new scheme...gonna miss the old one. They should give it a new name. Doesn't fit with the color scheme now. Wonder if they're gonna paint the trains a different color now.

I think the new color scheme looks good. It just will take some time to get used to since out of the many visits to the park, you get used to the old color scheme. Once you return to the park and see it with your eyes, I think it'll look good and you won't miss the old color scheme that you are so accustomed to.

wow...looks like a completely different coaster!

Yeah, this.

Do the wheel covers still have the sharks and birds? Hope they keep 'em, assuming they stay with the current theme.

Here is a picture from AngryGumBall (date on the FaceBook picture post is from Nov 2013)

1450901_10202566292339416_1356941065_n.jpg

No sharks or birds on the train.

^Just kidding then! But nice to see those behind-the-scenes photos. It was actually a TPR backstage tour report that first brought them to my attention. I don't geek out over wheel covers in general...just when they're sharks, I guess...

Got to love the sharks!

^Just kidding then! But nice to see those behind-the-scenes photos. It was actually a TPR backstage tour report that first brought them to my attention. I don't geek out over wheel covers in general...just when they're sharks, I guess...

Got to love the sharks!

And when it's moving it's almost as if the sharks were eating the rails!

Looks like a re-theme/new name won't be happening according to an email I just got from the park.

". . . Flight Deck has new colors, group venues are new and improved, we have a thrilling Aerial Ice Extreme Show, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, The Churro Factory and much more.....come visit opening weekend to see what we have in store for you in 2014!"