TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

At this point CGA should just cut their losses and enclose the ride sorta like Disaster Transport. Enclose the ride, remove the ugly tunnels, and add cool props at strategic parts of the ride and queue.

It beats having all those ugly tunnels everywhere.

At this point CGA should just cut their losses and enclose the ride sorta like Disaster Transport. Enclose the ride, remove the ugly tunnels, and add cool props at strategic parts of the ride and queue.

The only thing is that the ride would be traveling too fast to enjoy the effects.

That's pretty much what I said.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I have a hunch that CGA is going to announce an extended operating season for next year. They posted this picture on Facebook today with the caption "Why does this kid have the run of the park in December?"

1470415_10151854133503155_71900270_n.jpeg.1294635e50b38ada131a6795c19b10d3.jpeg

And they posted this one last week:

1461893_10151836486463155_459777011_n.jpg.2715269dd9968e1993bed3dd04ea80f1.jpg

"Action from our Holiday video shoot today. Stay tuned!"

Wasn't Matt Ouimet quoted somewhere as saying the park is looking into extending season to coincide with the 49ers?

I'd visit during the holidays if time and money allowed. Shoot, I'm trying to get outta dodge and head to a warm place with all the beautiful people that you just don't see during this season bundled up under 53+ layers of clothes.

When I first started checking out CGA I was surprised to find that it was not a year round park. I think its something they could certainly pull off, and it would be nice to see them give SFDK some more competition.

Okay... it was a good video and the concept was fun; but has anyone else noticed that the "snowflakes" on this kids' beanie are blatantly pot leaves?? Someone messed up on that one.

OMG that's hilarious!