TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Those social networks...they're dumbing down the already dumbed down generation. Most of those tags, as said, are Instagram-related. Then people like to smuggle their phones on for quick Instagram pov clips...

Definitely unavoidable but when Gold Striker is the primary attraction being vandalized... It's getting ridiculous.

Or a whiteboard if we want to not be so dusty

As I said before, I think that one section of GS's queue gets a lot of the writing as it's a bit 'hidden' and not easy to spot guests doing it. The FD station (which has bare wood fencing) is in plain sight of park employees which is probably why it remains clean.

I would be ok with a chain link fence, at least the idiots couldn't really tag it.

*This just in via text from the park*

"For 1 day only, get tickets online only for $29.99 each on Wednesday 8/7. Choose your visit date from 8/8 - 8/25. Visit cagreatamerica.com for details"

Got a couple questions for my brothers to the north. I'm going to take a little road trip up the coast to finally check out DK and GA next weekend along with a little SCBB. My question is which rides have single rider lines, and which park is better to do Friday and which on Saturday? I know it'll be crowded - but I'm thinking rolling solo will ease the pain a little bit as long as there are enough rides with single rider lines. I'll break down and get a "I'm have money and I'm special" pass but only if its REALLY necessary...

If anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm a 30 year old dude who loves riding after a few beers, and I limit my coaster geekiness to socially acceptable levels. I was originally going to roll up with my old man but a whiplash injury has sidelined him this go 'round.

Any other advice would be great as I've never been to either park.

Cheers guys and gals and thanks in advance!

Got a couple questions for my brothers to the north. I'm going to take a little road trip up the coast to finally check out DK and GA next weekend along with a little SCBB. My question is which rides have single rider lines, and which park is better to do Friday and which on Saturday? I know it'll be crowded - but I'm thinking rolling solo will ease the pain a little bit as long as there are enough rides with single rider lines. I'll break down and get a "I'm have money and I'm special" pass but only if its REALLY necessary...

If anyone is interested in meeting up, I'm a 30 year old dude who loves riding after a few beers, and I limit my coaster geekiness to socially acceptable levels. I was originally going to roll up with my old man but a whiplash injury has sidelined him this go 'round.

Any other advice would be great as I've never been to either park.

Cheers guys and gals and thanks in advance!

From what I recall, very few if not any of the rides at CGA have a single riders line. Maybe Drop Zone, but that's it. The Fast Lanes, are a very good bet as the park may be busy depending on when SJ schools start. I'd do a quick lap around the park when you arrive to check out the lines and go from there on if you need a Fast Lane or not. I think it'd be best to do CGA on Saturday as it is never busier than SFDK and I know Sacramento (a big population of SFDK) has their schools starting on Monday.

CGA has only 1 single rider line (fused with Fast Lane) over at Delirium. Many rides though may ask for a party of 1 as you approach the station. (Can 1 person really be considered a party? Question to ponder...)

I wonder if Delirium's SR line is just a test and perhaps the park will roll out more SR lines.

I would hit six flags on the Friday as the wait for superman on the weekend can get lengthy. And when you go to cga the following day you can generally tell what kind of day it will be by how the parking lot looks if you would need fast lane. But also take a quick lap around the park to see what the lines are looking like.

CGA has only 1 single rider line (fused with Fast Lane) over at Delirium. Many rides though may ask for a party of 1 as you approach the station. (Can 1 person really be considered a party? Question to ponder...)

I wonder if Delirium's SR line is just a test and perhaps the park will roll out more SR lines.

Deliriums Sr line is indeed a test to see how it works out this season. Next season, we can expect to see more Sr lines around the park.

When I visited on Thursday, I was very happy when I saw the Single Rider line for Delirium. I was prepared to wait in the (lengthy) regular line and was greeted by the sign instructing single riders to use Fast Lane. Since I was by myself it was perfect, was able to get right on the next cycle. I really hope it gets implemented on other rides in the park (Especially Gold Striker!).

When I visited on Thursday, I was very happy when I saw the Single Rider line for Delirium. I was prepared to wait in the (lengthy) regular line and was greeted by the sign instructing single riders to use Fast Lane. Since I was by myself it was perfect, was able to get right on the next cycle. I really hope it gets implemented on other rides in the park (Especially Gold Striker!).

I frequently fly solo so if all rides were "single riders just use fast lane" boy would that just be a perfect world for me

Zombie High's structure is now up. It's a clone of Madame Marie's shed.

Extremely busy at the park today. At 10:30, Gold Striker's line was stretching into Star Tower's entrance, and didn't get much better throughout the day. Even Centrifuge's overflow was full!

Although, Boomerang Bay was dead from 11-1, which led to some mini-ERT on all the slides.

Zombie High's structure is now up. It's a clone of Madame Marie's shed.

Extremely busy at the park today. At 10:30, Gold Striker's line was stretching into Star Tower's entrance, and didn't get much better throughout the day. Even Centrifuge's overflow was full!

Although, Boomerang Bay was dead from 11-1, which led to some mini-ERT on all the slides.

Crazy that the crowds were like this on a Sunday, im guessing everyone is getting in one last visit before school starts.