TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

So, I went to CGA today and here are some of my observations:

-Gold Striker's graffiti wasn't as bad as usual.

-Survivor valleyed today on the bottom of the north spike, so it was closed.

-A lot of rides were closed when the ride was still operating with people onboard. Strange.

-Gold Striker's line was pretty short as the line did not even reach the switchback area.

Tiki Twirl has been down since yesterday. The ride probably went down with guests on board, so they were probably cycling to get the guests off.

Any TPR's planning to meet up for Thursdays season pass specialness? If so, where at in the park?

I'm definitely going, there's no way I can resist nighttime Goldy ERT. I'm going to be marathoning the ride the entire 2 hours.

Gah..wish I could make it..night ERT on Goldy sounds really good..but them's the brakes being 2 hrs away and working early on Friday.

Any TPR's planning to meet up for Thursdays season pass specialness? If so, where at in the park?

I'm there 'queefa. Probably gonna arrive around 6:30/7- can't wait for that ERT on Vortex

Let's Strike it up!

I'm there 'queefa. Probably gonna arrive around 6:30/7- can't wait for that ERT on Vortex

Let's Strike it up!

You can go ahead and ride Vortex I'll be spending some quality time on Gold Striker! Let's see how many laps I can hit Thursday evening!

^

That would suck if there are. But how does this work, I mean how are they going to know that everyone who is riding after the park officially closes has a season pass?

There will probably be an employee at the entrance at each ride checking for passes.

I'm not sure how crowds will be since it is a weeknight and many have work in the morning. For the ERT, obviously we show our passes to get in, and it looks like we will also show our passes at the entry of each ride *grabs Six Flags lanyard and stuffs CGA pass inside for ease of pulling out.*

I can't wait for this! Maybe I'll get out a bit before 8:00 just so that I'm out there and snag a few extra rides...I'm off work at 5PM so I should probably grab dinner and head on out!

I'm trying to go with a friend who is going to buy a season pass, if he buys it on this Thursday do you think he will be able to do the late night ERT with me?

He should have no problem doing the ERT event.

As long as he has a processed season pass, I don't see why it wouldn't work. As long as the pass is processed and valid, I'd say it would work! I would HIGHLY recommend getting your friend to get his pass purchased and processed during normal park hours, while processing is open. I don't think there will be "After Hours" pass processing.

Just got back from the season pass night at CGA. It was a nice event and it's great that CGA did this.

Some observations:

-I rode Vortex, yes I did, during the event and I was the only person on the train after 3 consecutive rides. When I was the only person on the train, it was actually decent. I didn't even need to hold on while in the front row. Though, when I went back on it with a half-full train, it was garbage, as usual.

-Gold Striker night rides are great! I prefer night time over day time for Gold Striker.

-The line for Gold Striker went down to after the tunnel by the end of the event, so that's the shortest lines I have ever seen for this coaster.

-I bought a Gold Striker hat for only $10! It's more comfortable than my El Toro hat.

-I rode for the first time in the front seat and it was great. I'm always stuck in the middle rows, so it's nice to finally try out the front.

-There was a good amount of enthusiasts in line, some of which I recognized.

-Also, congrats to Angry Gumball for his 100th ride on Gold Striker!

2800th post!

Tonight was a pretty solid few hours, enjoyed the short waits. I got in about 7 laps on Gold Striker tonight, thus adding to my 100th lap. Riding up front at night can actually be quite brutal especially when that double up comes up. It's pretty dark back there and you almost don't even see it coming at all.

Line cutters were running rampant (had a WHOLE FAMILY squeeze past us after I was just talking in general to my neighbor about line cutting and how season passes should be revoked for such actions).

Fun fact: All I rode today was Gold Striker. Was going to ride Flight Deck but then I would have been short a lap.

Tonight was a pretty solid few hours, enjoyed the short waits. I got in about 7 laps on Gold Striker tonight, thus adding to my 100th lap. Riding up front at night can actually be quite brutal especially when that double up comes up. It's pretty dark back there and you almost don't even see it coming at all.

Line cutters were running rampant (had a WHOLE FAMILY squeeze past us after I was just talking in general to my neighbor about line cutting and how season passes should be revoked for such actions).

Fun fact: All I rode today was Gold Striker. Was going to ride Flight Deck but then I would have been short a lap.

Congratulations! Now on to 200!

Zombie High? Sounds like CGA is recycling Hatchet High from Knott's.

Although I don't know much about that maze, I wouldn't be surprised if it used somewhat of the same story line. I'm just happy that the park has a really good haunt team, Madame Marie was one of the best mazes last year as far as details go. So I expect about the same if not better from the two new mazes this year.