TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I heard terror of London is replacing warewolf canyon. I also heard that uncle bobos is replacing carnevil. Looks like we are getting hand me downs from knotts. All solids mazes but was hoping for something new. We shall wait and see

I really hope these rumors aren't true, Carnevil is my favorite maze and I'd hate to see it get eliminated. I guess I should be happy that effort is being put in to try and improve the whole event, but swapping out solid mazes is disappointing. Last year's Club Blood "Re-vamped" was great, and now it's gone for no reason...

^It received a re-haul in 2010 and is still an awesome maze.

If they want to add another maze or two, I don't see why they can't utilize Boomerang Bay, there's plenty of space they could use inside there since it's closed in the fall.

CarnEvil is one of those originals that's 'tried and true.' Despite the fact that I've been going through it since 2007, it's been a staple and has always been a favorite of mine. Would hate to see it go, but I really doubt that it will be leaving anytime soon. We shall see

I found CarnEvil to be very solid last year (my very first Haunt), I'd say I'd put it at 3rd right behind TF and M^4 for my favorite maze. It's got a cool theme song with hilarious lyrics, some decent startle moments (esp. cotton candy girl), and of course a 60-D acid trip. Not to mention me walking right into a mirror, lol! I don't think it's going anywhere and is here to stay this year.

Although I'm really glad Club Blood is finally gone (has been struggling even with the revamp IMO), I would have preferred Werewolf Canyon to get the axe. It was amazing in its inaugural run in 2008 and has gone downhill since, especially since Cedar Fair nixed the chain saws from all Haunts. I think a Terror of London would be great in that spot. I would hate to see CarnEvil go as well. Another rumor is that Black Widow's Cavern also got the axe. Doesn't look like anything will replace it either. I would love to see an Asylum/Prison haunt maze.

I saw that earlier...unfortunately, weekdays are impossible for me to pull off such things. It is neat that the park is giving passholders these perks to take advantage of. Lots of little perks (liking the $10 Skycoaster flights and other discounts) to take advantage of. If only I could attend...