TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

How much are Fast Lane wristbands??? This is something I think would be a great idea as well. For some reason I am having trouble loading the website for CGA.

Normally:

1 @ $55.00

2 @ $50.00 ea

3 @ $45.00 ea

4+ @ $40.00 ea

For July 20th, Great America's website shows Fast Lane as $65 for 1 person.

joejoeman13, you said that you live in the area, so why not buy a season pass?

I use to live in the area. I moved to Des Moines Ia in 2001. I am visiting the area to see some family and Friends. We will be visiting the park on 7/20

I'm off to endure some carny rides tomorrow at the CA State Fair

I went through there yesterday..they have two portable coasters up, both look interesting. One is a spinner with a nascar theme, the other is pretty basic but it looks fairly new and I like that the first drop goes right under the lift with a head chopper. I'm gonna go back tomorrow afternoon and might ride a couple.

Edited by singemfrc

I don't want to divert this thread too far off topic but the 2 coasters you mentioned were Pole Position (Fabbri spinner) and a Pinfari Zyklon. I have the unlimited rides thing so I will ride as much as possible (Yes, expect a TR on this in a separate thread).

Again, I'm looking forward to experiencing the park without your typical iPod playlist running...those songs got stale after a while...lost track at how many times I heard Mambo No. 5 and 500 Miles in a single day. Should actually bring some nice atmosphere into the park.

Well Im going to drag the thread into Haunt for a quick minute, today was the annual re-hire event for the talent who return. This year I was able to pick where I would like to go and im in The Gauntlet,I'll also be wearing a prosthetic mask of some sort this year!

Also for anyone who would like to work Haunt this year, you need to apply online first at Haunt jobs then go to one of the following job fairs.

Job Fair 1 & 2

Saturday July 20 & Sunday July 15

10:00am - 2:00pm

Job Fair 3 & 4

Saturday July 27 & Sunday July 28

10:00am - 2:00pm

The location of the job fair is, 2401 Agnew Road, Santa Clara, CA 95054 (Human Resources)

I rode Gold Striker for the first time with the new tunnel yesterday. I'm a fan! It gives a great headchopper effect.

I think the new themed music is hit-and-miss. Orleans Place has jazzy music, All American Corners has '50s music (it did fit pretty well when we waited for Orbit) and Celebration Plaza has marching band tunes. County Fair and Action Zone seemed to be playing the same old iPod playlist. Also, Boomerang Bay seemed to have more reggae music than I remembered.

Kudos to CGA for trying to add some distinctive atmosphere to the areas. While it didn't do too much for me, I appreciate the effort.

I still have yet to check out the new music in the park, possibly this weekend I shall head back down that way. Too bad the Action Zone still plays the so-called iPod playlist... Got one even better...let's change Action Zone back to the classic County Fair. Not sure what music could be associated with the county fair however...other than the iPod playlist (heard your typical 'off the radio/hip music' at the fair yesterday...)

Snooping on permit page, found some really exciting stuff...you guys ready for this?

Address:

Application Date: 7/12/2013

Description: Architectural Review for proposed installation of (16) antennas

behind (2) new screen walls, (28) remote radio iunits, and

associated equipment on indoor racks within existing building

http://smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=PLN2013-09921

See, told ya it would be exciting

But yea, I'm missing Gold Striker already and it's only been 7 days since I last rode it. Ready to take the tunnels again.

Im out at the park today and the theme music is now in place and its awesome.

You know you're a theme park nerd when BGM can create a whole page long discussion.

I always look forward to new mazes! It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

I know at Knott's it wasn't the strongest maze for scares from what I've heard, so it will interesting to see what the park does with it.

Also to anyone wondering, only parts of it were taken from Knott's, most of the maze will be brand new at Great America.

Edited by robman

^^It actually sucked for scares IMO. However, it looked fantastic. Definitely the best 3D maze design wise Knott's had done.

Wow, im stupid I meant to write, "wasn't the strongest for scares". *face palm*

At the employee preview event they mentioned that they are going to try and get better scares in the maze and not just be pretty.

Did everyone ignore the post on an ambulance near flight deck?

That was my post. There was nothing on the news about it, so it was probably something minor.

Was it the im park EMT's? Honestly it was probably something very minor such as a sprained ankle from tripping down the stairs or a bloody nose, I wouldn't worry about it.