TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

And...we has a new shed at the south edge of the park!

http://smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=PLN2013-09913

Case Number: PLN2013-09913

Address:

Application Date: 7/9/2013

Description: Architectural Review of a new 60'x80' shed locating on the

south edge of the park.

Activities

Application Received

Assigned to: Not Assigned

Done by:

Related Files

Done by:

Plans / Folder Location

Done by:

Architectural Review Approval

Done by:

Architectural Review approval at staff level

Went over to CGA for an hour at 11:00 today and GS line was out to the front! I totally forgot about the wheel until I saw it and didn't have any cash on me

The few I saw spin hit the front of the line right away (2 of the people that won actually hit just off the front of the line and the guy gave it to them anyway) . Would have gladly paid the $3 to skip that line. Beats the $40 fast pass which is only needed for GS anyway

Next time I am definitely bringing some cash cause lunch hour trips to the park and long GS lines don't work too well!

I just got back from a presentation at Knott's Berry Farm revealing the details of their Halloween Haunt in its entirety. When they talked about a maze called Dia De Los Muertos, which had its last year at Knott's, one of the designers (Laura Hanneman) announced that it would be retired. She also said that anybody who missed it can check it out at Great America—they are moving it there. I don't know whether this has been released to you guys or not; but I thought it would be a nice treat if nothing's been announced yet.

I just got back from a presentation at Knott's Berry Farm revealing the details of their Halloween Haunt in its entirety. When they talked about a maze called Dia De Los Muertos, which had its last year at Knott's, one of the designers (Laura Hanneman) announced that it would be retired. She also said that anybody who missed it can check it out at Great America—they are moving it there. I don't know whether this has been released to you guys or not; but I thought it would be a nice treat if nothing's been announced yet.

I've known about it for a few months now,just kept quite about it. The maze will take over where Club Blood was. Ther interior of the maze is done, they are working on the outside now.

Does that mean that Club Blood is gone then? Subtract a maze and add a maze?

Yeah, it was confirmed at CGA's Haunt Presentation that Club Blood is retired and "Dia De Los Muertos" will take it's place, hence the construction you see happening at the Pictorium in the photo above.

I am finally going to attend CGA on the 20th. I was born and raised in SJC and attended the park from when it was Marriotts and left while Paramount owned it. I believe I left Cali during the year of 2001. I miss it alot. I love this park. ALOT has changed, new rides and layout of the park. Any suggestions on which ride to hit first because of lines? I know GS will be first. Any other thoughts to help plan my day at CGA!?

^ Pretty sure that's just more wood for another tunnel.

Too bad that can't be for the Prudential Building.

Why didn't anyone think of this before...just put the damn building in a tunnel!! Problem solved.

How much are Fast Lane wristbands??? This is something I think would be a great idea as well. For some reason I am having trouble loading the website for CGA.

Normally:

1 @ $55.00

2 @ $50.00 ea

3 @ $45.00 ea

4+ @ $40.00 ea

For July 20th, Great America's website shows Fast Lane as $65 for 1 person.

joejoeman13, you said that you live in the area, so why not buy a season pass?