TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I could imagine a coaster being built over the Rapids as well, with a station next to the covered bridge.
I do agree, if the park wants something, they will find a way to get it to work...even if it's shoehorning it in and building on top of other things...look at how Pony Express was put in over the rapids down at Knotts, as well as how a longer length coaster is spread out over the midways (Jaguar)...

I imagine the same thing as well. *has fantasy about a Mack LSM launcher built over the rapids*

As for the InvertiGarden...I would like to see at least something pop up. I am currently fantasizing about a Gerstlauer Sky Roller or Sky Fly being built there. The beauty that comes with a ride like that (almost any controllable ride really) is that the ride experience can be anywhere from relaxing to OMFG intense depending on what the rider does.

Loggers run won't be going anywhere. The could actually work around it if they wanted to put a coaster there.

^yez, we were rumored to get hypersonic xlc. Not quite 200 feet but would have been taller that anything else that we have.

Oh that too! But I was referring to the Morgan Hyper Coaster that was featured in one of the other forums.

Check it out:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1096556

That looks like it would have been a great addition to the park.

That would stink if Logger's Run was gone. I've never been to the park, but my home park is the other Great America and in the past few years, I've gotten more and more grateful that we still have both of our original flume rides.

Cedar Fair has been hell bent on removing classic rides from parks (Zambezi Zinger, Laser, Wildcat, numerous log flumes, etc.). I could see them eventually putting in one of those good looking but nowhere-near-as-fun Intamin semi-flume rides. Of course there are reasons they are removing the older rides - but that makes me appreciate places like my home park Great America even more. Despite being a Six Flags, they have gone over and above to keep some great old classic rides: Whizzer, log rides; even Lobster/East River Crawler is coming back this year after having a full year in rehab. People have loved those rides for year, and the park put a little extra to keep them in great shape for many years to come.

Any one of the big parks has space to put whatever they want, if they want; nothing has to be removed to do so. Just look to Grona Lund, Indiana Beach, Blackpool, etc. If they want to, they will. "There is not enough room" is a lame excuse for stuff like the ending on Leviathan. There is plenty of space to do what they could have done (an ending to the ride, a splashdown perhaps) if they wanted to pony up the money.

Word of warning those 2 days May 21st & 22nd will be crazy at the park. Sunfire said that those days have a lot of school crowds & the lines are very long since he has worked at the park around those days. I wanted to go one of those days but I'm going with Sunfire taking his advice about not going. However Memorial week should be nice. Somebody went last year on Thursday of Memorial week & everything was a walk on. I was going Wed the 29th & avoiding next week.

Word of warning those 2 days May 21st & 22nd will be crazy at the park. Sunfire said that those days have a lot of school crowds & the lines are very long since he has worked at the park around those days. I wanted to go one of those days but I'm going with Sunfire taking his advice about not going. However Memorial week should be nice. Somebody went last year on Thursday of Memorial week & everything was a walk on. I was going Wed the 29th & avoiding next week.

Honestly crowds don't bother me at all, I go to the park to have fun. I don't care if im not able to go on whatever ride because it's busy, I enjoy walking around just as much as I do riding rides. Whenever I step into a park I feel somewhat relieved since I don't need to worry about the outside world and it's someplace to escape for awhile.

Honestly crowds don't bother me at all, I go to the park to have fun. I don't care if im not able to go on whatever ride because it's busy, I enjoy walking around just as much as I do riding rides. Whenever I step into a park I feel somewhat relieved since I don't need to worry about the outside world and it's someplace to escape for awhile.

Honestly, I'm getting over the whole "OMG CGA is crowded" thing...I've had 6 seasons to get adjusted to this. Sure I like a quieter park, less idiots and line jumpers but when I'm at the park, half the fun is being away from reality/work/obligations and instead, hanging out with the group...and of course hopping on rides even if it's the flat rides

I'll be there regardless if it's open or not, I don't need Gold Striker to have fun at CGA. (OMG did I just say that!?!?)

But yeah, i'm guessing it'll be soon as the park has also clearly stated that GS will be open for Pride Night next Friday night. Hopefully I can attend this event with a friend of mine who will be flying in for the weekend.

That 200' coaster would be really cool, and round off the coaster collection very nicely! But looking at the drawing, it seems like the last turn would get in the way of Gold Striker's Prudential Turn (I could be mistaken though).

However, I disagree with the statement above. One thing that I like about CGA is the numerous flat rides. Even though they're not coasters, they're great quality fun and honestly a nice quiet break from the wonderful thrills a coaster brings (something Magic Mountain doesn't have). Plus Barney Oldfield, while it may not be the best car ride, it's still a classic and tranquil, fun family ride.

That 200' coaster would be really cool, and round off the coaster collection very nicely! But looking at the drawing, it seems like the last turn would get in the way of Gold Striker's Prudential Turn (I could be mistaken though).

However, I disagree with the statement above. One thing that I like about CGA is the numerous flat rides. Even though they're not coasters, they're great quality fun and honestly a nice quiet break from the wonderful thrills a coaster brings (something Magic Mountain doesn't have). Plus Barney Oldfield, while it may not be the best car ride, it's still a classic and tranquil, fun family ride.

It would be better if they put an accelerator coaster in that spot. It would certainly be a winner if it was intertwined with the other coasters.