TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I just put in the name of my place of work.

I did the same. Although putting in TPR came to mind, I didn't want to come off like I'm representing the site without permission.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

I'm guessing they need to reshoot some stuff as you get riders who find it difficult to comprehend simple requests, the GP raising hands when clearly told not to...and those thinking they're cool by sneaking on a pov so they can brag to their friends. All just a guess though.

I'll be there all 3 days, though a bit late for Wednesday...Gonna ride Gold Striker one way or another!

I figured as much. People with their hands up, wearing clothing with logos/sport teams, etc. They should have someone doing quality control since they're spending wads of money to do this. Production aint cheap!

It isn't and it's wasting time and money when people don't listen. Sure I was wearing a Gold Striker shirt but that was ok and mostly plain on the front. Plus it's park material so it was not an issue, not like someone coming in with their Oakland A's shirt, or their bright red YOLO t-shirt...save the YOLO's for Full Throttle

The crew on the platform were actually saying over the speakers (which carried out through the queue's PA system) that anyone not following instructions will be no longer allowed to ride. Most people listened surprisingly.

^ Even with a 30 minute wait, the queue seemed to move by pretty quickly (especially when watching Gold Striker zip by you).

The longest wait I suspect will be 45 min - 1 hour due to how much advertising this promo shoot is receiving. However, that time will FlY BY even if you come to the park alone. Some of the most fun I had last week was just talking to people whom I was queueing with. With the expected wait times, I'm hoping to be at 35-40 rides by the end. Will be a lot of fun! See you all there!

Well I can't go again & Plus I don't want to wait in the longer lines since they advertised it. I'm assuming this week they will get too many riders. Just a heads up it might be a zoo this time around. The longest I waited last Tuesday on the first day was 30 min when they first opened the ride & the line kept getting shorter but that will all change this time around. But I am giving all the luck I can to those who have hope in reaching their rides to 50. You should tell the management if you make it to 50 rides then they might even give you a golden nugget award!

Well I can't go again & Plus I don't want to wait in the longer lines since they advertised it. I'm assuming this week they will get too many riders. Just a heads up it might be a zoo this time around. The longest I waited last Tuesday on the first day was 30 min when they first opened the ride & the line kept getting shorter but that will all change this time around. But I am giving all the luck I can to those who have hope in reaching their rides to 50. You should tell the management if you make it to 50 rides then they might even give you a golden nugget award!

I've actually got my gold nugget from the Au13 media day, contains all the press material on it. It's a USB thumb drive themed to a gold bar

To everyone that gets to 50.... congratulations!

I will be happy getting to 16 today!

So far I like the middle of the train and the very back.

Anybody else got a favorite seat?

And have you all noticed..... NO DOWNTIMES caused by any ride malfunction..... during all this running that's a very good sign.