TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^^^Ah man that post is making everybody who couldn't go today so jealous!!! So wish I were there again. Darn!!! Well I'm getting the Fast Lane when I go on my birthday so I can ride Goldy to my hearts content to make up for not being able to go to all 3 promo shoots. At least I got to go to 1 & experienced a few rides on it. Now I have something to look forward to when going to Great America again.

Don't need no sound wall. How frigen ugly! That stupid Prudential building has sound proof walls I just know it they can't hear a thing. I hope Gold Striker ends up shaking the walls of their building so much that if falls down. They deserve it!

Yeah well......

It was either this wall or no Gold Striker..... which would you rather have and be happy about it?

I don't mind the wall, I don't even care about it because I'm too busy enjoying a kick ass ride!

Finally got a chance to ride Gold Striker during today's promo shoot, I'm completely addicted now! Nothing could have prepared me for how forceful and intense this ride is, it just doesn't let up at all until the brake run. I felt like I spent the majority of the ride with my butt flying off the seat . I got 9 rides in tonight, and I can't wait for more! Sorry Giant Dipper, but I have a new favorite woodie.

Many thanks to CGA for holding this promo event and letting us all come and ride. It was great to see the TPR gang and get some rides in with them

Finally got a chance to ride Gold Striker during today's promo shoot, I'm completely addicted now! Nothing could have prepared me for how forceful and intense this ride is, it just doesn't let up at all until the brake run. I felt like I spent the majority of the ride with my butt flying off the seat . I got 9 rides in tonight, and I can't wait for more! Sorry Giant Dipper, but I have a new favorite woodie.

Many thanks to CGA for holding this promo event and letting us all come and ride. It was great to see the TPR gang and get some rides in with them

Even more crazy when you decide to play "Jello" while riding...as in letting your body be a wet noodle and go whichever way the forces decide to take it.

I've ridden every row now except the very front. Row 12 has definitely solidified itself as my favorite spot, though I only got it once tonight. On one of my rides, the airtime was so strong and sustained on that hill just going into the midway turn...my butt was out of the seat for a nice moment...was not a gentle zero gravity but a thigh-crushing moment of air! This ride is just balls to the wall crazy, nucking futs, whatever you want to call it. Sadly, our little ERT session/promo shoot has concluded and I finished the event with 26 total rides under my belt. My goal was 30 but 26 is pretty darn close! This has been a great way to get to know Gold Striker and where I initially planned on buying Fast Lane on opening day, now I can use that money elsewhere.

Lines were moving along pretty quick today and hopefully the ride crew will be as efficient as what was shown today. Other random notes: People already began vandalizing the shaft portion via scratching in some profanity on the walls...come on already people! Have some class...this isn't your bedroom, you aren't 3 years old...should have outgrown writing on walls by now Well, at least I didn't see any line jumpers today, neither did I experience illegal POVs during my ride (really, it's quite distracting as I then have to focus on if a camera's going to break lose and slam into me).

Again, thank you CGA for putting on such an event and letting us get to try out your new toy, our new toy, whatever you wanna call it! Definitely have a winner that will never get old!

I can't wait to get to ride this one at night! I remember riding Apocalypse during the day once and it was nothing compared to the night rides, we never ride Apocaylpse during the day anymore, Gold Stiker is already an amazing ride during the day so that means it can only get better!!!

Had an awesome 3 days doing the promo shoot plus meeting new faces from here! 26 rides in all and I still can't get enough! Thanks a billion to the wonderful management team at CGA for this "Golden" opportunity! This ride was a long time coming, but I'm grateful the time has finally arrived and that CGA is finally getting the respect and love it so desperately needed. Looking forward to the rest of the season and the many more years to come!

You guys should have gone for 30 rides you were so close! You would have broken the record for most times on Goldy when it hasn't been open yet!

I can't wait, wait, wait to ride Goldy again!!! So wish I could ride it every day! I am going Wednesday May 29th. Would that be a good day since it's 2 days after Memorial Day? I was reading the posts from last year & someone went on Thursday of Memorial week & the waits were 5 min. I know the 21st & 22nd are bad days. Sunfire gave me a warning about going those days. & If I were to get there a half hour before opening will I have a short wait for Goldy? I will go for the front first then the very back.

Another excellent product from GCI. It was nice to finally put some faces to names as well.

I'd also like to echo what others said and thank park management. Not a single cent was made by the park in the last three days, but they still put on a great show. It's good to see that kind of thing still exists in today's hostile business world.

Also, SAWDUST!!! *Points*

^We sure did. I am going again Wednesday the 29th. Can't get here soon enough! Goldy here I come again! Gold Striker is high on everyone's list of favorites including me. You guys should send comments about how awesome Gold Striker is to Cedar Fair. I sent them 2 emails of wonderful raving comments about Gold Striker & how well done the promo shoot was. Anyway here's Cedar Fair's email for customer comments: marketing@cedarfair.com My 2nd email to them I put in the subject Gold Striker Rules!!!

But hopefully I'll be going much earlier than the 29th if TPR puts together a media day for TPR members for Gold Striker I'll be there in a flash! Nothing but Gold Striker is on my mind these days!