TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^They are probably getting enough participants so that they can swap out riders. They wouldn't just get as many riders as possible just to simulate a 2 hour wait.

I was also wondering myself if there would be a dry run so we can get a feel for the ride. We shall find out in about 9 hours

I mean they have to let us all on to ride with out being filmed first since nobody has been on it yet! That's what I'm betting! They wouldn't film before we have a feel for the ride. I agree Angry Gumball. I am REALLY hoping to get on the first train of riders!!! I wonder too how they are going to organize that so we are not all fighting for the first train!

OMG 5 more hours till ride time!!! YA HOOOOOOOOO!!!

If this is like past promotional shoots, there will be a helicopter tonight as well.

We may do a little station waiting until the Helicopter is in the right position, but they will give us enough rides so that we will want to come back the next time they need live riders.

T-Minus 4:45 Hours.

If this is like past promotional shoots, there will be a helicopter tonight as well.

We may do a little station waiting until the Helicopter is in the right position, but they will give us enough rides so that we will want to come back the next time they need live riders.

T-Minus 4:45 Hours.

I don't think there will be a helicopter, if anything they will have a camera crew on top of Star Tower. Since you have the perfect angle of the coaster from up there.

^Are you guys guaranteed any seats? Or is it a race to the finish line?!

I'm actually wondering this myself. I got a confirmation for Thursday, so I guess I can just wait and see what our fellow TPR members say about tonight's promo shoot. If I'm just going to be standing around for 3 hours watching everyone else have fun riding (without getting any chance to ride), I might as well save time and gas money by staying home.

As an infrequent lurker on TPR, I just saw the posts about the promo shoot and signed up (which it seemed to let me do for Wed/Thur). I'm crossing my fingers they're still short people for Thursday! It makes me realize I need to come check these forums more often, heh.

I'm gonna be honest, I think I like it better than apoc! Soon much floater airtime on this thing, and just amazing pacing throughout. It's super fast, and after a ride in front, back, and middle it gives a slightly different experience in each. The middle felt the fastest. Best woodie in California (and I've rode them all).

Is it better than flight deck? How do you answer that? It's apples and oranges.