TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

So what are promotional shoots like?

When they say Promotional shoot, I'm guessing they mean Commercial shoot. So i'd be prepared to wear a brightly colored polo shirt as they'll want us to stand out when riding. Just my two cents.

Also get ready for a lot of, hurry up and wait. You may not be riding constantly as they often set up a lot of different angles for different shots.

Sounds boring. I have to take the train & lightrail to get down there for that. But that's my usual way of getting to Great America anyway. I don't think it will be worth it. What if they pick me & I decide not to go can I tell them I don't want to do it? I guess I'd rather wait for it to be officially open so I don't have to sit around & wait. & Can just hop on it whenever. I'll do that instead.

Sounds boring. I have to take the train & lightrail to get down there for that. But that's my usual way of getting to Great America anyway. I don't think it will be worth it. What if they pick me & I decide not to go can I tell them I don't want to do it? I guess I'd rather wait for it to be officially open so I don't have to sit around & wait. & Can just hop on it whenever. I'll do that instead.

Trust me it won't be boring and it will be completely worth it, I just thought I would throw it out there that you won't get to constantly be riding.

^^It's not really that bad. Besides, it's better than waiting 2 hours in line.

I did the commercial shoot for Superman at SFDK last year, and had a blast. Although sometimes I would have to wait for a while for them to set up cameras or for them to pick me, it was a lot of fun. I got to ride it 20 times that day (though I did feel a little queasy at the end of the day). If you get the chance, you should do it!

20 times on one ride too much for me. I'd fall over after that & collapse. & One more thing how good are they on ending on time? I need to leave around 8:15-8:20 to get back to the lightrail. & Do you get a souvenir or anything?

I'd assume that they'd end on time and i'm not sure about souvenirs but at least you'll have the satisfaction of riding GS before the first rider auction.

Well I think I will go. What an opportunity. To celebrate an awesome new coaster at CGA FINALLY after a whole frigen decade! & to ride it before the 2 hour lines start so I'll have several rides before most who have to wait for their first time in a 2 hour line. I hope we all get chosen on here who post on the CGA thread. One other question is there free food? I'm assuming everything else in the park will be closed.

& I'm assuming the rides on GS will be spread out so you don't keep riding without getting off? If it's going to be like that then I don't think that will be too much GS in one day in which case I'll be able to handle.

Edited by #1rollercoasterfan

Are you for real? Don't be an idiot. If you really aren't interested in going, then don't sign up. You would only be creating more work for the park, and making yourself look like a bigger moron if you signed up and then no-showed or told them you weren't interested.

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to do this.

--Robb "Unless you're not right in the head, do the promo shoot..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

20 times on one ride too much for me. I'd fall over after that & collapse. & One more thing how good are they on ending on time? I need to leave around 8:15-8:20 to get back to the lightrail. & Do you get a souvenir or anything?

Honestly, don't sign up. Seriously. If you're going to be this high maintenance, I guarantee you you're not the right person for this.

I signed up for Thursday. Even if we don't get in, we'll all be riding Gold Striker soon.

Yep, if we don't get chosen, let everyone else break in the ride during the promo shoot, it just means we'll get a faster ride when Gold Striker officially opens