TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Does anybody know why CGA is open to the public Tues 5/21 & Wed 5/22?(I'm guessing for math/science days) Would those days be a bad day to go? I am planning on going on one of those days for my first visit of the season.

I wish CF would put that Secrets Of The Lost Temple movie back in the right side of the theater so 2 movies are playing again. Is it anywhere online where I can watch it? Tried searching for it on Youtube.

Does anybody know why CGA is open to the public Tues 5/21 & Wed 5/22?(I'm guessing for math/science days) Would those days be a bad day to go? I am planning on going on one of those days for my first visit of the season.

I wish CF would put that Secrets Of The Lost Temple movie back in the right side of the theater so 2 movies are playing again. Is it anywhere online where I can watch it? Tried searching for it on Youtube.

The park is open to the public those two days. No idea why, but they are.

The park is open to the public those two days. No idea why, but they are.

When I worked at CGA, those two days are open as designated "school days". Plenty of schools will be bringing their students on their end of the year field trips, and when I worked those days, it got VERY crowded. I remember the park had been open for only an hour, and Demon had a full queue with switchbacks and everything. I also had to deal with a few unpleasant line jumping situations (teenagers, what else would you expect?). That said, in the afternoon the crowds died since a lot of school groups tend to leave around 4:00 or 5:00.

If that's the only day you can go, plan ahead and be there as soon as the park is open and hit the rides in the back first. Or Fast Lane might be a good investment. Otherwise I'd suggest going another day.

^^Ah man!!! I knew it would be something like a math/science day. Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid both those days. Just itching to go on a coaster. I want to go on a weekday though. I know until at least mid June are more school trips/camps/graduation. What would be the quietest weekday in June to start off my season of coaster riding at CGA?

Im more impressed that the park put up a POV today! The only downside of that is I can't wait to ride it even more now, just have to wait a little longer. On the subject of the tunnel, it's a bummer that the bottom isn't enclosed but honestly it's not going to effect my ride experience one bit.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the tunnel on the first drop. I think the coaster would look a lot more nice without it, but that's just me! Does anyone know exactly why it is there? Just for effects?

As mentioned before the theme is gold mining and the tunnel is to simulate a mine shaft.