TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I'm very anxious for the official reveal of the opening date. Normally I'd never buy a Fast Lane, but I will just for GS's opening day. It is going to be seriously PACKED on that day. I still can't believe I'll be riding this thing in around a month, it is truly surreal!

Agreed, this would be the one time is buy a Fast Lane in my home park. Gold Striker is worthy enough to warrant the expense.

Is the tunnel supposed to be pitch black on Gold Strikers first drop? In the updated POV the bottom has light shining through the track.

Also, from the new POV rendering, It does not show the underside of the tunnel being filled in... but I thought in the PR they said all sides would be covered. This defeats the advertised purpose of a tunnel because its not going to be truely dark.... makes it seems like it was in reality, indeed, a scream shield/barrier.

Its just a rendering, not the exact ride. It could simply have been overlooked when they made it, or simply decided to not bother with it...cause its only a rendering...

I guess i overlooked that. Thanks!

I know the park says the opening date is TBA but isn't it safe to assume May 4th will be it with the charity auction for first rider earlier that week?

Either way I found a cheap flight today from Orlando and plan to check out the Bay-Area parks that weekend. What are the best tips for a first-timer visiting the park? Since this is a spur of the moment trip I haven't really been following the park in recent years - does the park take a full day to complete?

I went to the park this afternoon for a bit and it was dead today! Just about everything was a walk on or hardly had any wait, which made it great for a lot of re rides. Over at Gold Striker there was a lot of activity today, there was a lot of people working on the station, putting the sign up and the structure it's self. I have this feeling that the ride may start testing as early as next week.

If you would like to see more pictures from today, head on over to CGA Insider and don't forget to give it a like!

photo.thumb.JPG.76f695c2a5845ad664e340baa87f4730.JPG

Here's a quick picture of what the station looked like today.

I know the park says the opening date is TBA but isn't it safe to assume May 4th will be it with the charity auction for first rider earlier that week?

Either way I found a cheap flight today from Orlando and plan to check out the Bay-Area parks that weekend. What are the best tips for a first-timer visiting the park? Since this is a spur of the moment trip I haven't really been following the park in recent years - does the park take a full day to complete?

You can easily get everything done at CGA in a day that you want to. Even if the park is busy.