TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

If they did remove Grizzly, do you think CF would replace it with another Coaster being it took so long for them to get GS, or do you think it would be replaced with a flat or two?

If they did remove Grizzly, do you think CF would replace it with another Coaster being it took so long for them to get GS, or do you think it would be replaced with a flat or two?

I know Grizzly is wanted to be torn down and has been brought up a million times on this thread, though I don't see the coaster leaving anytime soon. Grizzly has good ridership and is one of the most popular rides in the park.

Today I went to the park for a few hours as I had some family members that needed to process their passes. When walking up to the entrance I was immediately able to see the shiny metal that has been added to Gold Striker's tunnel. The sun really reflects off that metal and really "strikes" you as your looking directly at it. Once inside the park, the pass processing line went much smother than last weeks opening day.

Fast forward to about noon, my brother and I decide we will wait for Grizzly since the line is only and the station and it should go quick right? WRONG, we waited over and hour because of the insanely slow dispatches, then mother nature decided to rain so they had to shut down the coaster an put one train in the transfer track. All said and done we finally got on, an hour and a half later.

Here's a video of them pushing the red train into the transfer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80f6rIJtGyY

Other than that it was a pretty good day! The park was crowded which I didn't like but im really glad to see that attendance is much higher this year.

Lots of Gold Striker pictures ahead!

stadium.thumb.jpg.0c519521e0c7b499c06928bfd6bf02ba.jpg

Before heading into the park lets take a quick look at the stadium. It's shaping up quite nicely!

metalroofoutsidegate.thumb.jpg.e2971d02a18a68595a11a2b459d05a76.jpg

Walking up to the main gate. Hey what's that shiny stuff on Gold Striker's tunnel?

closeshotofmetalroof.thumb.jpg.0ff73392043d3e14dccf590f090ec495.jpg

They have started to put the metal roofing up!

CLOSERLOOKatmetalroof.thumb.jpg.52196307bc71dfdf4f8eabfd3c5782b4.jpg

Even closer look at the roof.

bettershotofentryusethis.thumb.jpg.78eccc6d5bd0cc8ed846780df0e1dcc2.jpg

Looking at the ride entrance but wait, something is missing!

rideentrylogo.thumb.jpg.e0461803800f7c36cb28e1306042d584.jpg

That's a little better! ;)

lookingintothequeue.thumb.jpg.10d7fc280471a1928c641aca2c44a937.jpg

Looking into the queue.

entrylandscaping.thumb.jpg.a75f22d44d6f3435ea468e7377e029d4.jpg

Some of the awesome landscaping near the entrance!

pathwayforeexitandfastlane.thumb.jpg.6fa7b7ec205c35ca10f364810a65530d.jpg

Possible pathway for Fast Lane? I know the exit will go through the gift shop/on ride photo booth.

pathwayforeexitandfastlane2.thumb.jpg.acc5c3717f93a6fafb3617e63f461dfd.jpg

Possible Fast Lane path under the station?

midwayturn.thumb.jpg.2d2e5a6d9ce66880344fb9cc02d3cdff.jpg

A look at the Celebration Plaza turn.

vortexloopfromformertrippleplayarea.thumb.jpg.d30ebb3639fea99a69d252959a0730b2.jpg

I'll end the update with a shot of Vortex's loop.

90 minutes to ride Grizzly is just nuts, especially if it was just a station wait Too bad earlier's light mist crippled Grizzly operations even more than it already is...Reducing Grizzly down to single train (in its current situation) is like getting kicked in the balls while being blindfolded...

Is the bottom of the tunnel (underneath the track) closed in as well. In the pics it looks like it's not... I thought the PR said it would be completely enclosed top,sides, and bottom.

I think they still have some infill to put in. But if there is ventilation, at least screams won't be so bad...referring to those high pitched shreikers... Gonna come off the ride deaf...bringin' me some ear plugs

when ever you go through a tunnel people like to be as loud as they can.

QFT, and I can tell why.

It's pretty bad on SCBB Giant Dipper, and it happens on the vast majority of my rides. One particular ride proved to me that even in that last slow straight bit before the lift (where one can CLEARLY see the light ahead), shriekers will still shriek just for the hell of it. On that ride, one girl behind me screamed like 10 or 20 times during the straight bit, not stopping until we were completely clear of the tunnel.

To sum it all up: long dark tunnel + first drop = 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 x infinity% chance of shrieking.