TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I love how someone bothered to make this plane some sort of F-14 / F/A-18 bastard child. They put F-14 intakes on an F/A-18 fuselage. What's even worse is that the big mural on Flight Deck's station has Air Force F-15s (which the Navy has not nor could ever operate) flying over a carrier.

Not that I expect parks to get these things right or anything. The aviation nut in me just finds it hilarious.

A bit off topic from Gold Striker...

I just watched a POV of Flight Deck. That thing is bananas! It looks like I would black out on it, but would any of you cal it the most forceful B&M out there?

I would call it very intense and a lot of fun! ......STILL a lot of fun!

A bit off topic from Gold Striker...

I just watched a POV of Flight Deck. That thing is bananas! It looks like I would black out on it, but would any of you cal it the most forceful B&M out there?

I would call it very intense and a lot of fun! ......STILL a lot of fun!

It is definitely one of the most forceful B&M's I have been on (I've ridden Flight Deck, Silver Bullet, Batman, Riddler, Scream, Medusa, Vortex, Tatsu). I would have to say that Batman at Magic Mtn. feels the most forceful IMO due to its compact track design. FD's elements are more spaced out over the track while Batman throws everything at you like...

Gold Striker wheel via Instagram. Full reveal later today...be excited!!!

And Fast lane is unlimited use on any of the rides. You can get in line at any time rather than checking in at a given time.Fast Lane consists of 2 seperate queues that merge at the station. It's pretty seemless/smooth from what I've seen.

image.jpg.ac658297ddac27448cd908a81a0acfb5.jpg

That is why I prefer Fast Lane over other virtual queue pay versions. A simple wristband, and you get unlimited access to any of the rides. And they actually took time to build separate queues for those rides that did not have anything set up yet. That's the big one for me, is how the queue lines are set up. SFDK does a pretty good job of having there lines merge. Never had a problem there. SFMM on the other hand...don't get me started.

Can't wait to see the trains! What I have heard is that one train will be predominately gold while the other will be predominately burgundy/red.

Sexy wheels! Yay no more sharing lapbars on a woodie *cough Grizzly*! lol Love the Red & Gold colors too, great color combo for many reasons.... Also loving the rock/boulder theming taking shape in the entrance! Thanks to ACE NorCal & Ryan for sharing the pics!

903492_465266566879704_1141314667_o.thumb.jpg.3de08e7bcbde871d59fc47f0f54dbe47.jpg

295497_10151285891761364_1457706942_n.thumb.jpg.e4693e5dfe9d8455fe2ce4af908536a8.jpg

Edited by JJnCFL

I really can't wait to see (and ride of course) the finished product. I totally did not notice the boulder theming behind the trains.

Now I'm taking this very very lightly but someone mentioned on the CGA Facebook about LEDS in the wheels. Now that would be pretty sweet to see 'sparking' wheels at night and see the tunnel flicker as you take the tunnel

^ That clear plastic part looks in at the bearings, It will be half full of oil (or some kind of lubrication). I highly doubt LEDs would survive in there. The wheels look just like the ones on Roar and I've spent a fair amount of time looking at those.