TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^That's exactly why they would lie about it. Can't concede there was actually noise issues after fighting it for so long.

But calling it an afterthought when their sister park coincidentally has a tunnel over the drop of their wooden coaster to shield noise from the hotel? Riiiight.

Whatever reasoning is behind the tunnel, it will be fun to take that huge drop in the darkness. What's going to be painful are the ear-splitting screams bouncing off the walls in that small enclosed space. It's pretty brutal in the Giant Dipper's opening tunnel at SCBB, I can't imagine what it's going to be like on Gold Striker with the mandatory first drop screams haha

Whatever reasoning is behind the tunnel, it will be fun to take that huge drop in the darkness. What's going to be painful are the ear-splitting screams bouncing off the walls in that small enclosed space. It's pretty brutal in the Giant Dipper's opening tunnel at SCBB, I can't imagine what it's going to be like on Gold Striker with the mandatory first drop screams haha

Oh yea I totally didn't even think about those who have those ear-shattering screams. I will have to make sure members of our group are sitting behind me as I know they won't let out painful shrieks.

While it won't be fully pitch black during the day, night rides should be pretty awesome! It will be strange going from cooler night air to warmer stuffy tunnel, to cool air again...just like Demon!

Last time I went by there all of the parking lot lighting was gone. This was lighting that had been there since the park opened! I would guess they will be installing all new (crappy LED) parking lot lighting.

In fact you can see in the pic the stumps where the poles were.

That looks strange! I hope they do some theming on the outside rather than it looking like a rather curvy cardboard box

Take the box! Take the Box!

Glad everything is getting closer and closer to completion!

Last time I went by there all of the parking lot lighting was gone. This was lighting that had been there since the park opened! I would guess they will be installing all new (crappy LED) parking lot lighting.

LED's are quite powerful now. If they are going that route, LED's will probably provide better coverage...

LED's are quite powerful now. If they are going that route, LED's will probably provide better coverage...

In a lot that size that would be a very good thing.

Anything's better than those amber lights... Though it can't be worse than that specific shade of amber San Jose really seems to like to use...SJ tends to use amber that has a little more yellow to it and very vibrant.

San Jose is in the process of switching all of those yellow/amber lights to bright LED lights in the entire city. I've heard originally they used those dull yellow/amber lights to make it easier for astronomers to see the stars.

And it's about time they re-do the parking lot. I'm hoping they re-configure it rather than just re=pave it. Was never a huge fan of the layout. It was always a mess trying to leave the park especially when everyone is leaving at the same time.