TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^Yep Spongebob was 2003 -says on Wikipedia. James Bond was 1998. When was that Temple movie added/removed & what was it's exact name? & When was the Hanna Barbera added/removed? OMG A GREAT COMBO would be that new white water rafting movie & the Temple movie. What a great pair!!!

I believe it was called Secrets of the Lost Temple (and no it had nothing to do with Indiana Jones). And Hanna Barberra came in 2006 and was removed the year after.

SpongeBob debuted in 2003 during the year when Nickelodeon Splay City got remodeled to Nick Central. So far all the movies that have been in the Action Theater that I remember were: Days of Thunder in '94-97, James Bond 007: License to Thrill in '98-00, 7th Portal 3D in '01-02, Smash Factory '01, A Temple Movie (forget the name) fall of '01, and the Elvira Superstition movie...

Don't forget that Days of Thunder returned in 04-05. I'm not sure when Superstition debuted, but I do remember seeing it in fall of 2006 along with Fun House Express.

Just in general, there's a lot of paint being thrown at the park, which was much needed. Some of these most people already knew about:

Barney Oldfield's Speedway queue

Centrifuge platform

Action Theater structure (yellow supports and blue trim)

Outback Shack

Demon loops

Fan Attic store

Food Festival

Pizza Orleans

Sweet Tooth funnel cakes

Girl Space store

Ride Warriors store plus attached stores

Front Gate ticket booths

Might have missed a couple. But, with all of that being done, once this season opens, there will only be a couple buildings that have not received paint in the last few seasons:

Maggie Browns/Frankie's Pizza

Games Gallery

Candy Cafe and attached stores (except Panda Express)

Inside CGA

The rumored Subway will most likely receive paint this season.

Centrifuge's turntable's getting new paint? I never even knew about that! I knew it was in dire need of it as you can see blue and orange underneath the chipped black paint.

Oh yea, and Mr Squarepants...I also noticed this past week that there's nothing on their site in reference to the action theater, decided to check when we were discussing about what shows they had in the past and such.

^Because one mentioned about not being able to wait for the 29th of March, and the other making a comparison to when they have to wait for their park to open.

The rafting was just a rumor and even the new film is a rumor...though a new film of who knows what is very likely since its due, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Looks a lot different than what I was expecting, I was thing an immediate bank rather than a little bit of straight track at the beginning. It looks amazing though. I hope the drop doesn't become enclosed and looks like how it does now. I don't thing it will be enclosed though, we would have see signs of that by now I think.