TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Im pretty stoked this coaster is coming together! Im even more excited that my work just moved 3 highway exits away from the park looks like Im going to have to pick up a 2013 season pass. Please hit me up next time you all decide to do a CGA TPR meet up!

My usual group tends to meet every other weekend, and I will be at the park this coming Sunday. We are also trying to round up a Haunt meet.

Just realized the day I'm planning on going to CGA is the day before Labor Day. (This coming Sunday). Can anyone who's been on the weekend before tell me what kind of lines to expect? I was planning on just a quick fly-by (no pun intended) on Flight Deck, Demon, Vortex, and Grizzly before heading down to SCBB so I'm hoping I won't be encountering any 2 hour lines. I haven't been to CGA in..15 years or so, so I have no idea what to expect this time!

^Oops, never mind the event. I failed to look at the date, which is on Sept 16th.

Are you still going on 9/2 or are you going 9/16?

I'm going on 9/2. One thing we won't have to worry about is the additional AAA members, and neither (to my knowledge anyway) have to deal with 10 different company picnics all going on. I do still expect it to be busy but bearable...I think that after the last weekend I was there, everything else I'm bound to see will feel a lot lighter.

Lately what I've been doing is in the morning, snag a ride on Flight Deck, Eagles (due to light crowds), and down towards Grizzly. By then Boomerang Bay opens and crowds in there are fairly light. Later in the day is when Boomerang Bay tends to get a little busier (depending on weather).

Anyway, switching gears here, 1 more day before that wooden twisty thing going up is revealed! I'm really excited and this will be my first media event I'll be attending! While I'm sure there will be 'official' coverage, I will also be sure to cover as much as I can as well (pictures, video). I always like seeing the same event reports through multiple people anyway.

I'm also very excited to cover the event this coming Wednesday as it will be my first media event as well.

Only 1 Day and 17 Hours but who's counting!

EDIT: Someone just commented on a picture the park just uploaded with this,

It may have a Gold Mining theme, after all it is California Adventure

Uh sorry, last time I checked this park isn't owned by Disney.

Im pretty stoked this coaster is coming together! Im even more excited that my work just moved 3 highway exits away from the park looks like Im going to have to pick up a 2013 season pass. Please hit me up next time you all decide to do a CGA TPR meet up!

My usual group tends to meet every other weekend, and I will be at the park this coming Sunday. We are also trying to round up a Haunt meet.

Yeah, the opposite weekends than I've made it down! One of these days I'll get to go with the "big group."

I was just there Saturday, officially quadrupled my CGA visit count (went from "once" to "four times" haha). I met up with Double0Kevin shortly after opening, rode Vortex (NEVER again), Drop Zone twice, had lunch, then Flight Deck, then took a detour to Gilroy to get his Quicksilver credit, then back to CGA around 3:00 with rolercstrluvr. By then, everything had lines we weren't willing to wait in so we just rode the cars, then the Eagles and left. I still have no idea how he did it, but somehow rolercstrluvr was able to do a complete 360 on the Eagles. He was so proud.

Got to see Jack in person for the first time and he's awesome! I'm really starting to get excited about attending my first ever Haunt!!

Like Rawkin said, when we were on the Flying Eagles I got another full 360. Took it awhile to get going, got my bird rocking slightly in the beginning and then stopped. Then right towards the end, I got it to start twisting, bouncing around and making loud noises. When the ride was starting to come to a stop, I got one more lol twist and a gust of wind to push me to do a full 360 while almost hitting the center and the eagles in front of me and behind me.

Anyone planning on going to the park this weekend, they are having an awesome Season Pass holder deal:

Attention Season Pass Holders! This Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Season, Gold, and Platinum Pass holders can enjoy a $1.00 Hot Dog Meal in the County Fair Picnic Grove from 12noon-5pm on September 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Meal includes a hot dog plus all-you-can eat potato chips and Coca-Cola fountain drinks. (Additional hot dogs available for $1 each.)

^Saw the post, great deal indeed! We'll be going on our usually Bi-weekly visit on Sunday (7/2), park closes at 10pm, fireworks & my last visit to BB before they close for the season.

And this time, I'm planning on doing Boomerang Bay as full as possible (as in Didgeridoo Falls - hopefully a 5-man run on this again, and the body slides). The past 2...no, 3 visits, Boomerang Bay has been just Down Under Thunder.

Anyone planning on going to the park this weekend, they are having an awesome Season Pass holder deal:

Attention Season Pass Holders! This Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Season, Gold, and Platinum Pass holders can enjoy a $1.00 Hot Dog Meal in the County Fair Picnic Grove from 12noon-5pm on September 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Meal includes a hot dog plus all-you-can eat potato chips and Coca-Cola fountain drinks. (Additional hot dogs available for $1 each.)

Argh! Wish I could be there with you guys on Sunday, as I'm planning to go to SCBB that day to bid farewell to the Hurricane and hit up a bunch of rides. I'm absolutely down for a Haunt meet-up though! (2013 Gold Pass)

Got to see Jack in person for the first time and he's awesome! I'm really starting to get excited about attending my first ever Haunt!!

Jack seems to have the skills to win over crowds, and by win over I'm referring to them running away from him. Glad to hear you'll be coming to Haunt this season, stop by The Gauntlet, i'll introduce you to some of my clowns.