TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the park atleast got a good show for 2012.

Since we know the layout of the coaster... was there ever a rumored name/theme back when this was originally planned?

The rumored name was Santa Clara Stampede or just Stampede. Like many others I prefered the name Stampede with out adding Santa Clara to it. Now it's hard to say if the it will still use that name or something else.

image.jpg.789045a31257205f16b23f56702be51b.jpg

I forgot to add this picture, the elephant is still in the same spot! Makes one think if the name is going to be Stampede and this is a little clue? (It's by the green tree near the Imax theater.)

Speaking of our infamous friends, I'd love to blast my 115db bike airhorn in either their office front, in their parking garage, or right behind their building, just as a 'suck it Prudential' and for making us hungry coaster enthusiasts wait 4 years...that thing's sound does travel. And it wouldn't be noise generated from the coaster so they couldn't complain about that

^Equip the ride station with an airhorn (Much like what Orlean's Orbit has but 10x louder and multi-toned much like a train horn or what these ambulances are now equipped with) that blasts each time the ride dispatches...and have it planted up on the Prudential Turnaround, aimed right at the Prudential building. Those in the station could still safely hear it each time a train exits and those in the office will have a nice obnoxious surprise every 2 minutes or less if the crew's running speedy that day. The neon sign can be placed right above the horn!

So any hints as to when they're going to announce this thing?

It's probably going to be August or Early September like most announcements.

Only taking this like a grain of salt but I had heard something from the CedarFairParks Facebook fan page about June 13 that CF will be announcing their capital investments. We'll see. I don't know where their sources are for their information. About around the time the groundbreaking began, something was also mentioned from them that we should be hearing some kind of announcement in the following month (being June). Yea, I don't know. I'm not going to fully believe what was said but will keep my eyes peeled for that date.

On one of the photos Robman posted earlier, I noticed that Patrick Henry Dr. had a huge (covered up) trench leading right up to CGA's site. I wonder why the road would be torn up.

image.jpg.180214a550d5bb13461801b585682f5b.jpg

Patrick Henry Dr...the side street in the upper right corner, leading to Prudential parking structure and access point for CGA.

So any hints as to when they're going to announce this thing?

It's probably going to be August or Early September like most announcements.

Only taking this like a grain of salt but I had heard something from the CedarFairParks Facebook fan page about June 13 that CF will be announcing their capital investments. We'll see. I don't know where their sources are for their information. About around the time the groundbreaking began, something was also mentioned from them that we should be hearing some kind of announcement in the following month (being June). Yea, I don't know. I'm not going to fully believe what was said but will keep my eyes peeled for that date.

On one of the photos Robman posted earlier, I noticed that Patrick Henry Dr. had a huge (covered up) trench leading right up to CGA's site. I wonder why the road would be torn up.

It could be for some kind of utilities or for the drainage system which may tie into that from the park.

^Equip the ride station with an airhorn (Much like what Orlean's Orbit has but 10x louder and multi-toned much like a train horn or what these ambulances are now equipped with) that blasts each time the ride dispatches...and have it planted up on the Prudential Turnaround, aimed right at the Prudential building. Those in the station could still safely hear it each time a train exits and those in the office will have a nice obnoxious surprise every 2 minutes or less if the crew's running speedy that day. The neon sign can be placed right above the horn!

How about the horn from an oil tanker you can't get much louder than that - The trains should also be themed to cars and have horns as well that will honk as they tear around the track along with sound effects of crashes and sirens blasted out of strategically placed speakers around the coaster, heck lets use the old speakers from the pictorium - Road Rage could be it's name

How about the horn from an oil tanker you can't get much louder than that - The trains should also be themed to cars and have horns as well that will honk as they tear around the track along with sound effects of crashes and sirens blasted out of strategically placed speakers around the coaster, heck lets use the old speakers from the pictorium - Road Rage could be it's name

And the park would not send all of its trash to the dump. Instead, it would take some of it and give it to the riders so that as they make the Prudential turn they would throw the trash at the building!

I know it's silly but I like the idea.

Heading out to the park today, will be wearing a faded blue Superman Shirt, so say hi!

Regarding the Grizzly restraint, here's a close-up view. The locking part is attached to the lap bar, while the other end is bolted down between the two seats. Definitely slowing down operations...

Edited by JJnCFL

So it's a single lap bar for two seats, PLUS individual seat belts, PLUS a belt that keeps the bar locked down?

This is probably a stupid question, but...why?