TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^Since CF redesigned the site template. Too bad they didn't use the carousel or another signature attraction to make CGA stand out. It' s not that CGA doesn't have iconic attractions because they do. Atleast they didn't put Millennium Force or some other 'dream coaster that we'll never see' on the first slider image.

Site looks good! I think that commercial is super cool... if I didn't know better, after watching that I'd be like, "OMFG COOLEST PARK IN THE WORLD!! SO INTENSE!!!"

So it's false advertising?

No, all the parks in the Cedar Fair chain use the same commercial, they differ only with the actual coaster names at the end.

That second turn-a-round always was the roughest part, so it's good they are finally re-tracking it.

Also, I have been waiting years for a new website for CGA, and it's finally here! I think it is much better than the old one.

Of course it will always be Grizzly but it is becoming a more pleasant experience. I found myself riding Grizzly a lot last season as that first drop bottom was retracked and didn't jar my body at its top speed, just smoothly flying through.

The area they're doing now was probably the next roughest spot as it seemed to do this sudden jolt entering the turn, followed by shaking you about.

Nice to see the new website...but still no new map.

I find it funny that they had to use a picture of the KI Vortex on the home page.

I hope CGA won't get a new map because it will be the disgusting Cedar Point style which already scarred Kings Island, Kings Dominion, & Carowinds.

Here's a nice blast from the past, since we're talking about CGA's site. Who remembers these days? It brings back memories of when I first got an internet connection (56k dialup mind you) and had to resort to the 'non-shocked' version. When I finally had the patience for the Shocked version, there would be little animations on the globe (like a guy swinging and woo-ing on the sky coaster, or when Invertigo opened, an animation of the train going through the boomerang element).

Nice to see the new website...but still no new map.

I find it funny that they had to use a picture of the KI Vortex on the home page.

I hope CGA won't get a new map because it will be the disgusting Cedar Point style which already scarred Kings Island, Kings Dominion, & Carowinds.

As hilariously inaccurate as coasters are drawn on them, I actually quite like the Cedar Point style maps. It's been that style at Dorney Park for as long as I've known, and I'm always interested to see the stylistic take on new rides/ rides at other Cedar Fair parks. Then again, I'm not much of a map connoisseur, so I could just be a huge philistine on this matter

I don't think Grizzly is likely to redeem itself with me through any amount of retracking. But at least they're looking after it.

Is grizzly still running the Morgan coffin car trains? Changing over to two bench PTC's would probably help smoothen the ride greatly,along with the retracking.

I don't think Grizzly is likely to redeem itself with me through any amount of retracking. But at least they're looking after it.

Is grizzly still running the Morgan coffin car trains? Changing over to two bench PTC's would probably help smoothen the ride greatly,along with the retracking.

Even if it was smooth the layout would still be miserably boring.

^^Unfortunately, yes. The only Morgan trains I like are the ones with buzz bars. And then, I only like them because they happen to have buzz bars. Obviously that's not the case here or on Colossus.

^Yeah, they can keep the 'shaky' for all I care, if only they would take out the 'boring'!

What exactly is the difference between this and KD's Grizzly. The only thing I can possibly see is that this one looks like it is more "stretched" making the hills more drawn out. I think KD's is a fantastic ride that carries it's speed well and some great toss you around forces.

Site looks good! I think that commercial is super cool... if I didn't know better, after watching that I'd be like, "OMFG COOLEST PARK IN THE WORLD!! SO INTENSE!!!"

So it's false advertising?

That was funny.

Agreed

Just got done watching a POV of KD's Grizzly and after seeing the mirror image ride, KD's seems to be an 'enhanced' take on our Grizzly as there seems to be 2 hills between the 10-minute turnaround, and the second turnaround. After the second turnaround there appears to be 2 more humps where ours is just a long stretch of nothing but a wide turn.