TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Paint looks great so far! Weren't we just talking about how they really needed new paint-jobs? Maybe the park is listening to us after all!

The park does read this thread, in case you were wondering I'm totally looking forward to another great season working at the park.

Paint looks great so far! Weren't we just talking about how they really needed new paint-jobs? Maybe the park is listening to us after all!

The park does read this thread, in case you were wondering I'm totally looking forward to another great season working at the park.

The park even has a TPR account for that matter as well, I remember seeing CGA post about the first night of Haunt 2011.

I swear the uninspiring paint scheme on Vortex actually makes me dislike the ride even more. (Actually, I don't dislike it that much, but that's beside the point.)

Ouch! I am the one that picked those colors. In all fairness, it was cool at the time.

So after this season, the only coasters in need of a pain job is Vortex and Psycho Mouse. I would also love to see some of the flats with a new paint job. I wish Drop Tower would go to the old multicolored scheme. Orbit and Centrifuge are looking a little dated, but keep the same paint scheme. A lot of the KidZville rides can use some new paint as well.

That is a once in a long while event (A Superbowl) as well as the neighbours are all businesses -and thus, closed on weekends when the stadium would be in heavy use... so noise wouldn't matter then.

I was thinking more along the lines of... if they do win, or do really well, they might gain more fans that would come to games, and those fans might be apt to visit CGA. In the least, I'm sure CGA could advertise at the stadium, and that would be great advertising... so I'd think.

But as Angry_Gumball pointed out... maybe the football-fan types are not the sorts we would be excited to have at the park.

So I am a pretty big football fan myself....does that mean I am not welcome at "YOUR" theme park?? WTF kind of ignorance is that???? Have you ever been to a major sporting event? We do not have any kind of diseases, and are no different than you or the next person down the block.

I was referring to more of the stereotypical fan. If you've gone to a Raider game, you would see what I mean. The crowds there can be pretty uncivilized. While some fans are level headed, there's the 'hardcore' crowds that would be less desirable to be around.

Though I have heard 49er games being more comparable to a baseball game, as in a bit more family friendly. But as Nibbler pointed out, don't need the team rivalry violence going on. Getting violent and injuring others because they like another team is stupid to begin with.

I think that Star Tower really needs a new paint scheme. The one on it now looks dull as the tower would look nicer with a Carolina Skytower color scheme, or just to paint the whole tower blue with white stars like the paint scheme on the bottom section.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/320634-cedar-fair-s-ceo-hosts-investor-presentation-transcript

So looks like all CF parks will be getting the Fast Lane treatment this year. I'm really curious how this will work out for the park. The rides I can see using this are the major coasters including Psycho Mouse, Drop Tower, Tiki Twirl, Logger's Run, and Rip Roaring Rapids. Possibly FireFall, but that already has such a slow loading process, so who knows.