TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Great America & Ghosts...sounds like Haunt will continue to live on that plot of land

Yea, it's pretty sad that this seems to be the current hot topic in the CGA thread...but us CGA folk do need something to talk about with the park, right? After all, there is no real activity going on.

About the hauntedness, the site SJSharkAttack10 linked mentioned about a roast beef shop and how a guy was locked in a freezer (Slaughterhouse?). Where would this shop be? I'd like to be in the area next year for Haunt to see if I hear any screams coming out since it seems to happen around 10pm and 12am.

On 1 note that I did find freaky during Haunt, I had my cousin get a photo of me with the Overlord and one of the other monsters. I was in the shot, was seen in the view finder but when the photo was taken, I somehow was not present. I find it quite strange. I do know my cousin does not know how to take photos that well but I don't think she would be *that* bad at snapping a photo especially since the other 2 people in the shot were well in the shot. This was taken over by the former Witch Doctor's Trail bridge heading to Firefall.

SJSharkAttack10 linked mentioned about a roast beef shop and how a guy was locked in a freezer (Slaughterhouse?). Where would this shop be?.

I think the food location is might be the one where Panda Express is now located. I remember they used to sell Philly Cheese Steak sandwich's there before so the article might be referring to that place.

Great America & Ghosts...sounds like Haunt will continue to live on that plot of land

Yea, it's pretty sad that this seems to be the current hot topic in the CGA thread...but us CGA folk do need something to talk about with the park, right? After all, there is no real activity going on.

About the hauntedness, the site SJSharkAttack10 linked mentioned about a roast beef shop and how a guy was locked in a freezer (Slaughterhouse?). Where would this shop be? I'd like to be in the area next year for Haunt to see if I hear any screams coming out since it seems to happen around 10pm and 12am.

On 1 note that I did find freaky during Haunt, I had my cousin get a photo of me with the Overlord and one of the other monsters. I was in the shot, was seen in the view finder but when the photo was taken, I somehow was not present. I find it quite strange. I do know my cousin does not know how to take photos that well but I don't think she would be *that* bad at snapping a photo especially since the other 2 people in the shot were well in the shot. This was taken over by the former Witch Doctor's Trail bridge heading to Firefall.

I saw that one too, quite a story actually, to be locked in a freezer. This might be the shop (in the link below) it was in Yukon Territory and if I am in the right section of the park, I believe it is the building near the Endeavor along the wooden dock, where ice cream and funnel cakes are now sold- I had read somewhere that used to be a roast beef shop and the restaurant now housing the Joe Cool Cafe (formerly Nicktoons Cafe) sells roast beef sandwiches.

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/images/displayimage.php?album=170&pid=1650#top_display_media

How do I know it wasn't a child? Can we do this old school Nickelodeon style with us all sitting around a campfire? To begin, I had finished working a shift during the season in the theater, we had finished cleaning and all the lights were off (we don't use a ghost light for some reason) I had to run back in because I had forgot my jacket in the Theater Attendant breakroom, when I opened the door and went inside the pitch-black theater, I clearly saw a dark shadowy figure standing on the stage about 6" tall. I grabbed my jacket and came back out, looked at it and suddenly it swooped down off the stage into the seated area.

On the new season of Ghost Adventures, the crew investigates the abandoned California's Great America amusment park. It was said that the park was cursed by a boy who died on one of the coasters. He posessed the neighbors around the park, causing them to complain whenever the park would try to build a new coaster. Warning: This episode will be the scariest yet; even scarier than SFDK's operations!

On the new season of Ghost Adventures, the crew investigates the abandoned California's Great America amusment park. It was said that the park was cursed by a boy who died on one of the coasters. He posessed the neighbors around the park, causing them to complain whenever the park would try to build a new coaster. Warning: This episode will be the scariest yet; even scarier than SFDK's operations!

"The scream Nick just heard was also captured on our digital recorders here's the enchanced audio. *Loops scream 3 times*

Or better... (Enhanced Audio) VEKOMA DIE

"The scream Nick just heard was also captured on our digital recorders here's the enchanced audio. *Loops scream 3 times*

"On one of our static night vision cameras we captured what appears to be a disturbing shadow figure, moving from left to right, then sitting in one of the seats in the theater. It remains there for a few seconds then completely vanishes. This occured while the three of us were investigating another part of the park. We tried to re-create this anomoly several times but we could not and none of our equipment was malfunctioning at the time proving that this very well could be paranormal." *Loops video "evidence" 3 times*