TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^^ I can tell you that when I went through underworld alley it wasn't that scary. I think it is more of the location of underworld alley and themeing that got it, its win. You guys were more creative in scaring. Underworld alley was people just standing and looking at you. But like everything GP speaks and park listens.

"Anyone drive by California’s Great America during the week? I’ve heard one reported sighting off possible “ride parts” in the main parking lot that might be worth checking out to see if something else is on the way out or is something new is on the way in." From Screamscape. Hmmmmmm. Nothing has been posted to the permit page about this. Oh no it can't be another ride leaving. Not again! Nothing new hasn't been announced. Must be a ride leaving. But if anybody can snap a pic of the parts maybe it's a ride from the past coming in like Yankee Clipper.

So I just read on Screamscape that there is a possibility of ride parts in the main parking lot. Now the question is it a new ride or another ride being removed?

Hmm...

Could it be the newest/latest technologically advanced trash can on it's way? Let's hope it's inbound parts and not outbound.

Before we get too excited, I'm wondering if these 'parts' could actually just be stuff for the holiday light festival that's coming up in a matter of weeks (in the park's overflow lot). If it's new parts for a ride, I'm all for it! If it's parts on their way out, then...I guess another one bites the dust.

Edited by Angry_Gumball

I'm wondering if they can stop posting on that permit site? I know the park has a TPR account so maybe they told the city to stop posting them? I'm not sure if that is possible or not.

It seems that way, not a single thing was put in that website for around 3 - 4 months, I actually never seen a new thing added in, and usually new permits for small things are put on there frequently.

A lot of those 'smaller ticket' things are activities done during the off season such as additions/maintenance on structures such as the restaurants, restrooms, Bench: The Rides, etc. Now that we've officially entered CGA's offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more activity on that site. On the other hand, I'm not sure how regularly they update that site but it looks like it's done pretty much on a regular basis, seeing the last activity in September for the Holiday light expo.

Some further thinking today...the Screamscape rumor mentioned about the Main Lot. The Holiday expo's in the overflow lot. While I still think that what was sited has to do with the expo, I'm also starting to wonder whether if I should be excited, neutral/relieved, or concerned. Anyone in the area want to take a drive by CGA to check it out?

A lot of those 'smaller ticket' things are activities done during the off season such as additions/maintenance on structures such as the restaurants, restrooms, Bench: The Rides, etc. Now that we've officially entered CGA's offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more activity on that site. On the other hand, I'm not sure how regularly they update that site but it looks like it's done pretty much on a regular basis, seeing the last activity in September for the Holiday light expo.

Some further thinking today...the Screamscape rumor mentioned about the Main Lot. The Holiday expo's in the overflow lot. While I still think that what was sited has to do with the expo, I'm also starting to wonder whether if I should be excited, neutral/relieved, or concerned. Anyone in the area want to take a drive by CGA to check it out?

I was looking at the Holiday Expo thing's website and I might actually go and check it out. It seems semi-interesting and its only $12 a ticket. If I do go I will be sure to look in the main lot just to be sure. I would think that the park would store ride parts in the employee lot and not the main lot.

Also from Screamscape...

2012 - No New Attraction - (11/8/11) Our sources tell us that CGA has confirmed that there will be no new rides for the 2012 season, as the new management will focus on taking control of the park and putting their own house in order.

No big surprise there.

I see 2012 as a 'transitional' year, much like 2007. I could be wrong but right now, the only changes I see happening are all in the marketing of the park and rebranding itself (unless it is still going to retain the Cedar Fair logos and branding), new employee uniforms, and new merch. I'm not quite positive if the ride names will remain the same (Flight Deck, Drop Tower) but I have a feeling that they will continue to live as their existing names. Don't quote me on this though, these are just my thoughts.

Also from Screamscape...

2012 - No New Attraction - (11/8/11) Our sources tell us that CGA has confirmed that there will be no new rides for the 2012 season, as the new management will focus on taking control of the park and putting their own house in order.

No big surprise there.

Yep, my guesses were right! Hopefully 2013 will be the 'magic' year...this is going on too long now...we're looking at 4 seasons with no new attractions whatsoever now.

Got this email a few minutes ago about the Global Winter Wonderland event in the parking lot as they are hiring for it. Did any of the other former Great America associates on here get this email? I'd assume they got a list of our email addresses from the park since it says to mention what positions we had at Great America.