TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I went to SFDK on Saturday where it was jam-packed and when I went to CGA yesterday, it was quiet. So sad for CGA, it seems that SFDK won.

It's because you went on Sunday you idiot. You really expected crowds to be the same on both days? Why don't you go on Saturday at CGA for Haunt at night and tell me if that's crowded. Ok?

And for the last time...

Stop this pathetic rambling about CGA closing! Just because you went on a Sunday night where most people have to work the next day doesn't mean that it's closing! Just shut up and be happy that the park is open! HOW HARD IS IT?!

Edited by ABW

I went to SFDK on Saturday where it was jam-packed and when I went to CGA yesterday, it was quiet. So sad for CGA, it seems that SFDK won.

It's because you went on Sunday you idiot. You really expected crowds to be the same on both days? Why don't you go on Saturday at CGA for Haunt at night and tell me if that's crowded. Ok?

And for the last time...

Stop this pathetic rambling about CGA closing! Just because you went on a Sunday night where most people have to work the next day doesn't mean that it's closing! Just shut up and be happy that the park is open! HOW HARD IS IT?!

Best laugh I've had in a while. Thank you.

Sorry, will get photos up tomorrow, (I promise!) but here's a couple to show the line we braved for Slaughter House. Surprisingly it took about 20-30 minutes to get through but this was with letting a continuous flow of people into the maze.

SH1.jpg.fb7d7094a2508322beffc70abf17cff2.jpg

Starting right here, nearly next to the Celebration Swings ride

SH2.jpg.26b453f66cb402eb469c1cc31e2b49a1.jpg

And here's the sets of switchbacks behind the maze (they added an additional set) but surprisingly we got through it pretty quick.

And for the last time...

Best laugh I've had in a while. Thank you.

I wish you saw how crowded it was on Saturday. You might understand if you were Angry_Gumball or had actually visited the park.

Now go search through more of my posts so that you can find more things to criticize. Ridiculing ABW's posts are great fun you know.

You're most certainly welcome

Alright, here's the photos as promised...really, I just needed to motivate myself to batch resize these. You'll notice how at first, I was getting some of the talent but will shift to just getting some more night ride photos and photos of longer lines forming...in the end, it was crowded enough that it was hard to photograph any of the park's talent, or get myself photographed with them as the crowds 'drowned them out...' Especially in Dead Man's Cove.

Last weekend, ABW, one of his friends, my cousin, a friend I met on CGA's Facebook, and I hung out for the evening. Enjoy!

IMG_2462.jpg.7d21b617236299434101256f6882e928.jpg

CGA Fan (and hopefully future TPR member) and a clown with a knife. Sounds kind of like the beginning of the CarnEvil song.

IMG_2464.jpg.8d2642ecf775c85d9b8afc7443d77b76.jpg

Little does she know, one of the clowns is ready to chase her to the women's restroom :) (One of the park's talent that I know)

IMG_2463.jpg.f9f646702e737c416a0b814067b2afd7.jpg

HIYA THERE HEATHER!

IMG_2465.jpg.af8b3322dbfac3f7382dc05546ceca70.jpg

Group Shot

IMG_2468.jpg.39e70aa680f772b654eb0f8688b48266.jpg

More clowns before the crowds swallowed them up.

IMG_2473.jpg.fd31327a22c04799a3d881354aeff6dc.jpg

Darn...just missed the Overlord's speech. Carousel looks creepy without its lights.

IMG_2485.jpg.3cc914385c539410cc5f6778cd4af54c.jpg

Now that crowds settled in, here's some night photos of the park...Looping Starship anyone?

IMG_2492.jpg.229a41906619e090342081bfea698a25.jpg

Black Widows Cavern

IMG_2506.jpg.97433337ff2b36eb824813e34bf987a0.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg.8a64c80214e9798af530c1ac260af322.jpg

CGA takes it serious when it comes to themeing their rides with spiders :p

IMG_2509.jpg.d6fdd95c61ae9fd018d0ed33be5926d2.jpg

Chubby spider moved over to the top of the Planet Snoopy store.

IMG_2517.jpg.8e255b4e3870e424fff78153908284cf.jpg

As posted above, crowds are really pouring in. This was about 20-30 minutes of waiting.

IMG_2520.jpg.89c074d464d0c8781575884ae826d97f.jpg

Sign looks cool at night.

IMG_2522.jpg.b897d268a8524f46c04661b25a016d69.jpg

Creepy

IMG_2532.jpg.e28d61940d634d77ab94c57c02d90718.jpg

The eyes above the park, looking over everyone.

IMG_2534.jpg.9e8763f17923e48643cdd69516eb1c7f.jpg

Everyone wants to see Whizzer footers and pond again :)

IMG_2546.jpg.cc383be646ed305388ff4bc6afe6149f.jpg

While in Toy Factory's line, I noticed that Drop Tower's line was filling up. Good thing that all 6 cabins (Yes, 6 of them) were in working order!

IMG_2550.jpg.0568681a33756e8fb14c067061d7905b.jpg

Group photo (almost), leaving for the night, Good night CGA!

IMG_2552.jpg.2170386232b7a7f1afc5eeea0cf1a499.jpg

So that's why she wasn't in the shot :) Thanks for viewing!

^^There always seems to be plenty of clowns chasing your cousin whenever you go... maybe they put her on some sort of list of "People to chase around the park".

Seeing all these pics about CGA has been inspiring me to want to visit CGA again... I realize that I'll never get to go to CGA during it's Cedar Fair days (the last time I went it was it's last year as a Paramount park) but I think it would be interesting to go next year and compare it to what I remember from the last time I went...

Plus, when I transfer to whichever university I'm going to go to, there's a good chance I might be closer to these parks. But if I end up living closer to CGA, can I still count SFDK as my home park?

^I'm assuming your talking about the picture where the mannequin has a stick threw her neck. That is in the entryway for Slaughterhouse: Annihilation just before the "maze" of switchbacks.

Ah, I see. Thank you. And yes that was the picture I was talking about. Is that before you enter the maze?

^I'm assuming your talking about the picture where the mannequin has a stick threw her neck. That is in the entryway for Slaughterhouse: Annihilation just before the "maze" of switchbacks.

Ah, I see. Thank you. And yes that was the picture I was talking about. Is that before you enter the maze?

Yes its right before you walk through what used to be the old Ice Cream parlor during the Marriott days I think. Or where that picture with the long line of people are with the 'Help Us" sign right above.

^^There always seems to be plenty of clowns chasing your cousin whenever you go... maybe they put her on some sort of list of "People to chase around the park".

Seeing all these pics about CGA has been inspiring me to want to visit CGA again... I realize that I'll never get to go to CGA during it's Cedar Fair days (the last time I went it was it's last year as a Paramount park) but I think it would be interesting to go next year and compare it to what I remember from the last time I went...

Plus, when I transfer to whichever university I'm going to go to, there's a good chance I might be closer to these parks. But if I end up living closer to CGA, can I still count SFDK as my home park?

No

^You're correct, it's in the old Carnation Ice Cream building that was up and running back then.

Also I think that building was used one time during the Paramount day's as some sort of chip and salsa quick serve food. I can barely remember but it was only used for one season and it didn't seem very popular.

Has anybody here seen Zombies Gone Viral!? If so, How is it?

I have not seen it but I had heard it was just alright. I don't really like to watch the shows that much.Although I highly recommend the Sideshow of Freaks show it is one of my favorites and I never get tired watching it. If you haven't seen that one, you should defiantly give it a watch. There is three different variations of the show so each showing if different.

I've never really done the shows at the park either, just walked by Side Show of Freaks which looked pretty nasty/painful depending on what he was doing. I do remember checking out Ed Alonzo back in the day (missed his Haunt shows however) and found his show quite humorous with the adult-like jokes and light-hearted insults.

Does waiting in line and listening to BANG count as checking out any of the park's Haunt shows?

^ I would say you could count BANG as a show, it is listed as one anyway. I also forgot that I watched part of Blood Drums as well which I found interesting I liked the use of grinders in the show looks really cool up on the carousal stage.

^ I would say you could count BANG as a show, it is listed as one anyway. I also forgot that I watched part of Blood Drums as well which I found interesting I liked the use of grinders in the show looks really cool up on the carousal stage.

Blood drums at KD was pretty darn good from what I saw of it.

I figure there's no need to make a separate topic for this (in the Games section) I figured I'd post this here since it's relevent to CGA. I've been inspired to make a level in the LittleBigPlanet game based on the Toy Factory maze. If this turns out, I may make the other mazes like CarnEvil, etc. Here's a little taste of what I've been working on, up to the ball hallway.

If you turn up your volume, you can hear my rendition of everyone's favorite theme playing