TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^I'll have to keep a lookout for this...you know what my cousin look like by now, you can have loads of fun chasing and tormenting her, she's an easy target as you saw

haha, She's the one who challenged me and said I couldn't make my clowns come after her I'm not sure when the next time i'll be out in costume will be, I just got lucky it was a slow sunday so my boss let me run around for about 45 mins, it was nice to know I still haven't lost my touch hearing guests ask where my character went for the rest of the night

So now I'm seeing speculation of the Raiders to possibly share the stadium with the 49ers in Santa Clara. A lot of this has risen since Al Davis, owner of the Raiders, passed away this past weekend. On the flip side, there is speculation of them moving to LA. Honestly, having both (rival) teams at a single stadium sounds like a bad move on the park's behalf...you can expect violence between rival fans, and can see a shift in demographics at CGA (as in, the "Going Dumb, flat brimmed hat, white 5xl shirt, and saggy down to the knees" crowd). As it stands right now (to me anyway), CGA seems to have a nice clean family environment. Yes there are teens, young adults, etc. But there's a lot of people who seem to be there just to enjoy the day. Perhaps I'm over thinking this. One of the articles I read was here: http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_19088739

The Raiders and the 49ers aren't exactly rivals. They play in different conferences and rarely play each other outside of the preseason. The Giants and Jets of New York share a stadium and it works well for them. I could see a shared stadium working well in the bay area also.

The Raiders and the 49ers aren't exactly rivals. They play in different conferences and rarely play each other outside of the preseason. The Giants and Jets of New York share a stadium and it works well for them. I could see a shared stadium working well in the bay area also.

I should have clarified...a lot of the rivalry exists more or less within its fans but that is a good point, only a couple games they actually play each other. I guess my concern more or less lies on Raider games. I'm not sure how 49er fans are since I've never attended a 49er game but I have been to a Raider game and I wouldn't exactly call it a 'family-friendly' experience as a baseball game would.

I would hate for that area of Santa Clara to turn like that, I feel it would be a big mistake to put the two teams together in the same stadium. A repeat of what happened this year wouldn't be good for the park or the area. For those of you don't know this years Raider/49er game caused lots of fights and a few shootings.

Is "that city that shall not be named" Oakland or Richmond. Or both

The rumor with the 49ers and Raiders playing in the same stadium is very possible, though don't the Raiders already have the Coliseum?

The other rumor with Cedar Fair still managing CGA, I think that it can happen, plus platinum passes are still on sale for 2012. I'm fine with CF still managing since they know how to run an amusement park, though what JMA has to do is invest in the park. CGA needs something big that will wipe SFDK off the map. The way to do that is do something SFDK can't: Build a hyper coaster!

Does anybody know of any videos for Cornstalkers and Werewolf Canyon? Those are the only two I haven't seen videos of.
Being the darkest mazes of the bunch, I doubt there is. I haven't seen any videos of CS or Werewolf Canyon throughout the entire time Haunt's existed, only the 'indoor' mazes.

That's too bad.

Does anybody know of any videos for Cornstalkers and Werewolf Canyon? Those are the only two I haven't seen videos of.

We don't exactly allow filming in the mazes, so that could also explain why you're having a hard time finding them

That's true, last season with the employee preview night, I thought I'd video tape walking through Club Blood, less than a minute in, I was stopped by a supervisor and told I could no longer video tape in the maze. I'd assume safety plays a factor in not allowing video taping inside of the mazes.

Not only that but people tend to slow down when they have the camera in hand as they want to video tape every detail, adjust settings until they can see something, thus holding things back for those behind them. When I film in scare zones, I tend to slow down my pace, almost to a stop and also happen to make adjustments so I can get a decent shot. Of course, I move aside so people can pass.

Also, as most people shoot in "Auto Mode" as far as taking photos, you then get bright flashes destroying the environment of the maze (and possibly some horrible photos as well). So from this standpoint, it makes sense to eliminate picture taking altogether.

I'm sure safety also plays a huge role too. Someone gets startled and drops their camera. Now you suddenly have a tripping hazard behind them, plus now panicking people who 'lost their camera.' Also, being in a tighter space, one can suddenly turn around, jamming their camera right into a person behind them or accidentally knock into the talent. On a different and similar note, last year, my brother forgot to take off his hat when going through Toy Factory's "Squeeze Hallway" and a few steps in, his hat falls off his head. Luckily his girlfriend behind him happened to catch it. Otherwise, I could see a similar situation of "Oh no, I lost my hat in the hallway! Get everybody to stop going through so I can get it!"

It would not matter if there were so many trashcans that it would be impossible to find one less than a foot from anybody in the park, people will still throw trash on the ground. But, at least with more the chances of trash actually making it into the trashcan are improved.

^Yeah I've seen stuff like that before too. Lazy people go to toss their stuff and miss the can, so it falls on the ground. A lot of times they don't even bother to pick it up. I don't do that, I walk over and put it in the can. That way I never miss and I figure if I leave it on the ground someone has to pick it up, and I don't want to cause that to happen to someone else because of my trash. I mean really, how hard is it to get up, walk your lazy ass over to the trash can which can't be more than 4 feet away, and PUT YOUR TRASH INTO THE CAN!......Seriously!

^At SFDK, stuck in Medusa's 2 hour line (3.5 minute dispatches), I was beginning to play "count the trash". However, I gave up, because I lost count! The areas with by far the most trash was the areas right underneath the trash cans! Also, some idiot stuck a giant band-aid looking thing with a wet towel over it! I had never seen any park or line in a more digusting state! And to think people wonder why I hate this park.

People are lazy. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. Cedar Fair tries to cater to the lazy crowd, but really the only way is to have people picking up trash. This is diffucult to handle in lines, though. This is why, yes, even at Disney parks, the lines are the worst parts. There, you need a trash can every 2 feet!

^Yes, let's not get started on the gum wall in Medusa's queue...pretty gross. I heard though that no matter how much they clean it, more gum keeps coming back, like it's some form of ritual. I do remember way back (in the Paramount days) that the Rapids ride had what was known as the "Gum Tree." I believe it was near the stairs going up or coming down to the turn table where a tree was just covered with wads of gum...pretty gross.

IMG_1506.JPG.7b24136fbc3a3c692502c03a29ce8940.JPG

Medusa's infamous gum wall...ew!