TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Maybe a 2012 announcement will come like the invertigo removal announcement. Late and sudden, maybe January, though the more I think of it, the less likely it seems anything will come to cga for 2012. By this point what I'm hoping for is a 2013 announcement next August.

The park posted some pictures of Haunt construction on their Facebook I will post a few down below.

296891_10150282818268155_28442453154_7808693_1956622579_n.jpg.70a3b256bbda735daa00e19b76168f69.jpg

Slaughterhouse Annihilation will receive a new entrance in 2011

308816_10150282817748155_28442453154_7808681_420623105_n.jpg.c3fc5bb112d29825082c6494bd773187.jpg

A preview of things to come in Slaughterhouse Annihilation.

304060_10150282818028155_28442453154_7808687_649990605_n.jpg.66ab16405b19e9655b56d722be4657c6.jpg

Werewolf Canyon has become inhabited.

^Haha!

Just an observation: While on the Grizzly's ten minute turnaround yesterday, I spotted a bulldozer parked behind the Invertigarden's fence, about where the Beverly Hills Cop 3 shed is. The stage is gone, with only dirt in the middle, but the grass is greener than ever.

I also rode a new coaster at CGA...Woodstock's Express! Even though my legs barely fit, it was awesome! Got to ride it twice in a row due to no lines...The helix is fun, and the ride was faster (and rougher) than I expected! It was good to get a new credit.

Hopefully this means something too. 2 weeks ago the grass was starting to dry, so it seems they are watering more. The stage removal and bulldozer might mean something. There has to be something big on the Invertigo site for 2012 because you don't just relocate a ride to go in a park that really doesn't need and to replace the ride with a lawn. I predict WindSeeker just because it makes sense, though I would prefer if they replaced Food Festival with it since it always has a few people there and most of the fast food there is closed.

About Woodstock's Express: It actually is my 1st coaster, so it is a big deal for me.

Not quite sure what to think yet about the bulldozer. I remember a couple months ago, a bulldozer sighting happened behind the water slides but had nothing to really do with anything other than some gardening work, as confirmed on the backstage tour. However, someone did post on CGA's Facebook (I'm taking this very lightly, as in I'm hearing this from the Dip'n Dots guy) saying that "Great America might be getting some new rides soon." Of course, I had to question it and their response was that they read about it (how very vague...I want a link, please!) followed by a statement that they work there (as though to add credibility to their post).

I guess we can just wait and see, and continue checking that permit site every day. Looks like the last permit application was for some lantern fest thing in CGA's parking lot during the holiday time. I've gone as far as now checking LA Times to see if there's any word as they seem to have all of the insider info that not even CGA staff has.

^ I think that guy was either lying or knows someone high up at the park. I did a little facebook snooping to see what his job was at the park and I saw a picture of him what looked like he was just a park sweep/janitor. I don't really know if the park would tell him per say unless he knows someone that would be willing to tell him or if he came across some type of papers.

Actually, turns out they read about it here...I'm guessing it stemmed from the LA Times article and our guesses.

I don't think one of the fans liked my post as they asked if CGA was going to 'make' any rides for 2012. Last I knew, CGA was not a ride manufactur. (See GP thread for more detail on this post, or CGA's wall)

I'm really looking forward to the new Slaughterhouse. Few things about the new entrance:

Glad to see some life brought to that area of the park. There used to be a store that sold wood products (I believe) last season in that area. This season it's been boarded up and painted over.

Isn't that the path where the Peanuts characters walk out of at the start of the Party in the Plaza? If I was a little kid and saw Snoopy, Charlie Brown, etc. running out of an entrance that had a dead pig on it, I'd be a little disturbed.

Lastly, the new entrance is a bit close to Club Blood's entrance. Since I have no faith in the GP, I hope they can differentiate between the two mazes.

Club blood's entrance has been moved as well, both entrances were moved to help avoid both lines crossing each other on busy nights as well as help keep the midways open, like I said earlier- there's a lot of enhancements and the like that haven't been announced, you'll just have to wait until the event, also I strongly suggest getting there early each night for this year's opening ceremony

Club blood's entrance has been moved as well, both entrances were moved to help avoid both lines crossing each other on busy nights as well as help keep the midways open, like I said earlier- there's a lot of enhancements and the like that haven't been announced, you'll just have to wait until the event, also I strongly suggest getting there early each night for this year's opening ceremony

Where did they put the new enterence for Club Blood at? If I had to take a guess its where the old exit it for the Sky Tower.

Edited by robman

My guess is that maybe the queue would be kept confined to that area rather than spilling into the midway...perhaps using the rope/post/trash can setup like they did for Werewolf Canyon and Toy Factory late in the Haunt season. I am excited to see how much more CGA may have enhanced things this season to really add to the atmosphere.

I'm going to try to hit up Haunt on the 1st for opening weekend since I should be off work that day...also planning on a day visit to get some rides in before the crowds hit that evening.

Tomorrow is the 15th and if I don't hear anything about the WindSeeker, it would probably be hopeless to continue hoping. There hasn't been any new announcements in any park across the world of new rides since Dollywood's announcement of WIld Eagle.

I remember last March this happened.

I posted a comment on a video of the invertigo "Did you know they're removing it?"

and I got a reply saying, "You just see what we'll replace it with, you'll be amazed." At the time I was a little suspicious, but excited too. By the time July rolled around, I figured he was pulling my leg.

But who knows...Maybe he was telling the truth, but be probably wasnt

Where did they put the new enterence for Club Blood at? If I had to take a guess its where the old exit it for the Sky Tower.

Where Club Blood's exit used to be.

I know people keep saying how they wanted a new maze but honestly I am excited for this year, the event has improved A LOT, it's going to be weird not scaring for once, and not being in Underworld as I always was, but I think i'm going to have a lot of fun helping the folks at Gauntlet step it up this year

My hopes are up in the permit page:

Boomerang Bay Expansion - 11/4/2004

Spongebob's Boatmobiles/PEANUTS Pirates - 12/9/2002

IMAX Pictorium - 9/29/1977

Grizzly - 10/22/1985

Vortex - 11/2/1990

This means any announcement can happen until December.

smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=ParcelViewParcel&shl_prc_parcel_no=104%2042%20019

^You mean to tell me that you weren't amazed about the Invertigarden?

Totally made my day!!

My hopes are up in the permit page:

Boomerang Bay Expansion - 11/4/2004

Spongebob's Boatmobiles/PEANUTS Pirates - 12/9/2002

IMAX Pictorium - 9/29/1977

Grizzly - 10/22/1985

Vortex - 11/2/1990

This means any announcement can happen until December.

smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=ParcelViewParcel&shl_prc_parcel_no=104%2042%20019

I don't understand that permit page. Are we interested in the ones that say, "Application received"?

At this point, I think any activity (ride-related) is a plus for us to see. I just cross my fingers and hope that one of these days we'll start seeing something. Realistically, I can't see a parent company (seeing that the park is in fact profitable, and seeing that attendance is growing with their marketing ideas) keep this going with not adding anything to the park.