TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

haha not sure why i typed PP instead of TM, I blame my day job.

AAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS

It would be nice to completely enclose the bottom of the log ride but that would require massive building permits haha

Why not what the GP say and make the log flume go under water without a tunnel.

It is tough to put Haunt stuff after the tall lift though it would be nice to have some creepy character pop out at you at the bottom of the drop.

A little something to talk about, something that had me wondering....

Leaving CGA the other day, I noticed a sign in front of the CGA store showing that their "Great America" branded stuff (like t-shirts) were marked down. On the other hand Peanuts stuff wasn't. I just thought it was strange but the t-shirt designs they have in there have been around for a couple seasons now. Initially it had me wondering whether if the park was trying to get rid of all of their Cedar Fair-ized goods but then realized Snoopy wasn't marked down.

Oh I finally realized why they gave to TPR members Invertigo wheels now. Duh! They can't use the wheels at Dorney Park because the rubber part is yellow & they were planning a blue Invertigo so they needed new wheels so the rubber part would be blue. I'm still can't wait to see what CGA will get for next year. When are they announcing it? I have a feeling it won't be a Windseeker (WHEW) since 2 Windseekers have been announced already. It will be something better than that.

^Or, maybe they're retiring their designs and coming up with some new ones as I got to thinking. Afterall, I've seen the same shirts in there from the past couple seasons. Honestly, I'd like to see more ride-specific shirts other than just Flight Deck...kind of like what we see at other Cedar Fair or even Six Flags parks.

Oh I finally realized why they gave to TPR members Invertigo wheels now. Duh! They can't use the wheels at Dorney Park because the rubber part is yellow & they were planning a blue Invertigo so they needed new wheels so the rubber part would be blue. I'm still can't wait to see what CGA will get for next year. When are they announcing it? I have a feeling it won't be a Windseeker (WHEW) since 2 Windseekers have been announced already. It will be something better than that.

Blue wheels?

Or, those were wheels that could not be used on the train anymore due to being worn.

Although I do like blue wheel!

Or, those were wheels that could not be used on the train anymore due to being worn.

Yea, I'd go with the worn wheels. I don't think the yellow urethane was yellow to match the coaster's colors.

And...when will we see any announcements....Rumor has it that an announcement's slated for the second Tuesday of next week

what planet do you live on

they gave them to us because they're so worn, not because of any color scheme. and its also a cool little gift.

also, CGA WONT ANNOUNCE ANYTHING FOR 2012, Maybe 2013, but not not 2012

what planet do you live on

they gave them to us because they're so worn, not because of any color scheme. and its also a cool little gift.

also, CGA WONT ANNOUNCE ANYTHING FOR 2012, Maybe 2013, but not not 2012

That's not what I heard.

About the sale on CGA merch, I wouldn't worry too much. On the CW newsletter, they said they're having a huge sale starting in a couple weeks at one of the shops, 60% off everything, season pass holders can get an additional 20% off. They're probably just trying to sell off more stuff as the season winds down. When they buy in such bulk quantities, marking things down can come a little easier when they're trying to make sales.