TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Haunt is still hiring if anyone is still interested hehe

in other news looks like i'll be in charge of Gauntlet this year, big change from 2 years in underworld.. Also there's a few new goodies in store for everyone at Haunt this year, that haven't actually been anounced

Also- our slider team has been doing amazing during our training nights this year, taught them how to do various tricks etc, also got some new blood (pun totally intended) so this will make my 7th year of Haunt (4 years @ Knotts, 3 years @ CGA) as i mentioned before we are still hiring, head over to the official Haunt site: CGA Halloween Haunt I can say with 100% honesty it's a great job with great people, we're more like a family

According to Wikipedia there's 5 Disko coasters:

California's Great America (2006)-- Survivor: The Ride (Now Tiki Twirl)

Kings Island (2006)-- Avatar: The Last Airbender (Now Surf Dog)

Tykkimäki -- Trombi

Movie Park Germany (2007)-- Crazy Surfer

Chessington world of adventures (2010)-- Kobra

I'll admit they are a lot of fun...

^It is now called Surf Dog as Cedar Fair did not renew Nickelodeon licensing. Avatar is a Nickelodeon trademark.

Same model as Tiki Twirl with exception of vehicle being not being round.

Edit: You did say the vehicle was different....my bad

Image Source: King's Island's Website

The way it's looking now I will only be going to great America once a year when I visit for haunt. Unless something new comes in. I'm not bitter for the place firing me, it's just I think we can all admit it gets kinda boring some times. I would hope that they will make haunt into something really big cuz it's always my fav time of year

wouldn't forsee us getting SHM, Knott's perilous plunge is actually inside a mountain haha, Pyromaniax could be fun but then again anything with fire is amusing to me..I'd like to see us get Virus Z for a maze or Lockdown: the Asylum, crazy folk and undead are always fun.

There is one effect that has never worked on FireFall and I have no idea why. Its the water cannon that is supposed to shoot up similar to Pirates of The Caribbean at Disneyland. Does anyone know why it has never worked?

I almost forgot they had that feature, probably because it never happened. Right now though, I'm just happy that Firefall is just running pretty well throughout the day.

Yeah idk if the log ride will ever b that good cause it's to short. I think bwc is like a minute long while the knotts log ride is around 4.

I don't know what you're talking about becuase your duration is way off.

Logger's Run is close to 4 minutes:

while Timber Mountain Log Ride is close to 6 minutes:

Yes, the Timber Mountain Log Ride is longer, but not that extreme plus Logger's Run is a very good log flume, much better than most Six Flags-built log flumes that have short drops.

What makes Knott's log flume shine is the dark ride elements and makeovers it can get. CGA's log flume (to me) stands out because of the double drops. They provide a nice moment of floater air sans lapbars (until the GP pulls something stupid requiring lapbars on all log flumes). Do do wish though that there was some kind of landscaping on the lower flume area rather than just dirt, footers, and waterslide supports. On the other hand, it gives you a nice view of Boomerang Bay (in my case to see how busy it is) while you go along the back straight away before the lift.

At night when they pulled off Black Widow's Cavern and made use of the tunnels, the idea that you were just floating around in a dirt field with waterslides was gone...and you actually felt like you were for the most part in an enclosed area.

What makes Knott's log flume shine is the dark ride elements and makeovers it can get. CGA's log flume (to me) stands out because of the double drops. They provide a nice moment of floater air sans lapbars (until the GP pulls something stupid requiring lapbars on all log flumes). Do do wish though that there was some kind of landscaping on the lower flume area rather than just dirt, footers, and waterslide supports. On the other hand, it gives you a nice view of Boomerang Bay (in my case to see how busy it is) while you go along the back straight away before the lift.

At night when they pulled off Black Widow's Cavern and made use of the tunnels, the idea that you were just floating around in a dirt field with waterslides was gone...and you actually felt like you were for the most part in an enclosed area.

Of course, Timber Mountain Log Ride is much better than Logger's Run. I do agree with you about the good Boomerang Bay views.

U r right about the times but I don't count the top as black widows cavern, no ones pops out once u hit the second lift hill. So in reality bwc is about 1 30 I know because I have seen YouTube videos. When I rode sleepy hollow mountain it was about 4 30. Lift hills don't count in my book cause no one pops out on them

I could be wrong but those catwalks along the top seem quite narrow, if you are referring to the upper flume part. Plus, the walls are so high that you would barely see anything. I wouldn't want to be running around on the catwalks at night and accidentally slip. And they need to keep the walkways clear in the event of an emergency or maintenance.