TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I thought Six Flags was the money thirsty company here... Did this change? Just wondering?

Because of the recent trend of upcharge high(er) capacity attraction like Dinos Alive! going in at CP. I believe there were also some tests with 'skip to the front of the line' programs like what Six Flags offers.

It would be awesome if they re-opened the IMAX Pictorium.

Though, they would ruin it by charging it extra, I mean we're talking about the new Cedar Fair.

IIRC, the building has already been gutted.

exactly.and you can technically consider Slaughterhouse a new maze as it's been re-designed, and re-named unlike CarnEVIL last year that just received an enhancement.

and it feels nice to be able to chat more about haunt now that i'm able to talk about this year =p

Yeah Slaughterhouse will be basically a new maze same with Dead Man's Cove will be a huge zone this year. It's really cool that the designers realize that tweaking and re-designing mazes can have a positive impact on the event. It also seems like the quality of the event keeps growing each year, which is great.

I figure I'll post this again as it got lost a few pages back. Anyone care to meet up at CGA this Sunday? A fellow TPR-er, my cousin, and I are hitting up CGA this sunday the 28th. I will probably be wearing a TPR shirt once they arrive...just got to decide on what color.

And Haunt's always fun if you bring someone who gets scared easily Cornstalkers is the perfect maze to ditch them in. Yes, I'm mean!

I figure I'll post this again as it got lost a few pages back. Anyone care to meet up at CGA this Sunday? A fellow TPR-er, my cousin, and I are hitting up CGA this sunday the 28th. I will probably be wearing a TPR shirt once they arrive...just got to decide on what color.

And Haunt's always fun if you bring someone who gets scared easily Cornstalkers is the perfect maze to ditch them in. Yes, I'm mean!

i'll be working Pirate adventure i believe on Sunday, also i'm still waiting to see which area i'll be supervising during haunt...

as to bang and blood drums, yes they will BOTH be at the park.

^Is Bang and Blood Drums the same cast for both shows or is it a completely different thing? Also does anybody know if Zombies Gone Viral is unique to Great America?

Actually not sure about the same cast, I know Knotts's blood drums had a slightly larger cast of drummers, so there is always that possibility, i'd assume 2 different casts as Primevil percussion and blood drums have 2 completely different makeup/costume schemes, it wouldn't make sense for our makeup artists to have to remove and re apply each time between shows

Zombies Gone Viral I believe is unique to the park as I haven't seen it at any other CF Haunt event.