TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^

it's everyone's first full run with full makeup and costumes, also if you're able to get out of makeup, costume, TAS out early enough, they'll sometimes let you go through the other mazes etc that are on the same night as you, for example last year I was able to make it to Dead Man's and Black Widow's even though they were on the same preview night that I was on.

as far as it not being "As Scary" it's not always the case..it's actually rarely the case. Keep in mind we have a lot of Vets that return each year who are ready to bring their A-Game even for a preview, last year Myself (in Underworld Alley) as well as another talent in Dead Man's Cove were able to make 2 associates wet themselves during the preview night. A lot of us take this job seriously and are 100% dedicated to our mazes/scarezones as well as take great pride in trying to make our area the best in the park.

It's a great group of people that work as Talent, it's not just a job, it's more like family haha, for example i've already been running our slider training for our slider team this year, we all go and eat after, and have random parties througout the year as well.. really isn't any other job out there that feels the same

Edited by Nibbler

That's semi true, they really don't care what we think. Lots of people liked invertigo, stealth, even 7th portal and it's all gone. Popular doesn't really semi to matter at least that's the way I see it

The reason for taking Stealth out was it became a maintenance nightmare and was causing the park to use more money then they should have due to it being a prototype ride. So they took it out to expand the park and make Boomerang Bay which is even more popular. Its is something the whole family can enjoy. The reason the took Invertigo out because of bad press and that maybe Cedar Fair does have some plans for the park to put in a new attraction that could benefit the park more than Invertigo did.

*Sorry for the double post*

Bad press? If that were true then CF should have gotten rid of Xcelerator at Knott's when the launch cable broke sending pieces of the metal cable flying and injuring people. The incident on Invertigo did not cause injuries..so bad press does not make sense.

Your right about stealth but not so sure about invertigo. My boss use to be the boss at invertigo last season and he told me it was not the bad press that lead it to be taken out, it was just like stealth it broke down a lot

If this ride was such a maintenance nightmare at this park, why would they relocate it to another park in the chain only for it to be a maintenance nightmare there too....or is it going to magically transform into a ride that never breaks down while its on the trucks in pieces on the way to that park? This does not make sense either.

Clearly, besides "future plans" for that spot, there are other reasons we may never know about why Invertigo was removed.

That's semi true, they really don't care what we think. Lots of people liked invertigo, stealth, even 7th portal and it's all gone. Popular doesn't really semi to matter at least that's the way I see it

The reason for taking Stealth out was it became a maintenance nightmare and was causing the park to use more money then they should have due to it being a prototype ride. So they took it out to expand the park and make Boomerang Bay which is even more popular. Its is something the whole family can enjoy. The reason the took Invertigo out because of bad press and that maybe Cedar Fair does have some plans for the park to put in a new attraction that could benefit the park more than Invertigo did.

*Sorry for the double post*

That's absolutely true. Though it's weird that Cedar Fair made that move because it would still be a maitenance nightmare in Carowinds.

heard it was moved simply because it was on prime real estate and holding up progression of the water park. I personally dont think its a much as a maintenance as we really think. Sure it had its kinks but it was no dejavu...lol

If I remember correctly, Stealth was removed for two basic reasons...

1. It was in the way of the waterpark that was planned

2. It was never meant to be a permanent attraction. Great America was a test park for Vekoma, a park they could test the prototype of the Flying Dutchman and as such the land the coaster sat on was leased from Great America by Vekoma, there never really were any "maintenance nightmares" any more than would be expected with any first of its kind ride. So when the waterpark idea came along the park basically ended the lease which meant the coaster had to go so they could build it.

That's what I remember about it anyway and never once was it referred to as a maintenance nightmare.

heard it was moved simply because it was on prime real estate and holding up progression of the water park. I personally dont think its a much as a maintenance as we really think. Sure it had its kinks but it was no dejavu...lol

I can speak from experience and say that at Carowinds, it's definitely a nightmare for the maintenance department. It's just about the moodiest piece of crap I've ever encountered in my time. Not sure about when it was at Great America. The maintenance guys at Carowinds have a pretty undying hatred for that ride, as does operations management.

Because I had nothing better to do tonight...I present you with CGA's newest attraction...(ok, maybe not but it's fun to dream, right?)

Interesting, but I'm still surprised though they never did come up with something to fill in where Greased Lightning was, rather than having it sit with it's old station platform as it does to this day. Surely something could have worked, especially before Firefall was installed in front of that area. (though the AFX Theater likely played a role in something not going on the site) That said though, the AFX theater could still be removed if needed and a coaster could fit there easily along with the old Greased Lightning site.

Because I had nothing better to do tonight...I present you with CGA's newest attraction...(ok, maybe not but it's fun to dream, right?)

I wish that would be the new ride for 2012. It's also interesting how large of an area that Action Theater takes up, it can be removed and a large ride can replace it.

I think if this happened, it would make CGA shine:

-Ride for 2012: Intamin or B&M Hyper Coaster

-Station near IMAX Theater & Star Tower

-Lift in Whizzer location

-Drop goes over pathway into Invertigo location

-Turn in Invertigo site

-Airtime hills in Tidal Wave location

-Hammerhead turn next to Vortex

-Airtime hills in Tidal Wave location

-Helix on Invertigo site

-Airtime hills on Whizzer location

-Brakes

Of course it will never happen but we can always dream.