TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^Well since they never said we couldn't say anything about it. You got it right they are changing it to Slauhterhouse: Annihilation they are making it have more gore and blood. Thats all they told us.

The Dead Mans Cove scare zone will take over where Witch Doctor Trail was and go all the way to Loggers Run.

Edited by robman

^I love your profile pic. Do you think CGA has an extra one for me if I explain I'm a TPR member??? Anyways, has anyone tried to or won a Nintendo 3Ds from the game with the giant claw that comes down to grab an empty box which you have to exchange? I really want a Nintendo 3Ds & I'm pretty sure I can win one. I wonder how many times it takes though. If you win where do you take the empty box & do you exchange it for a sealed one or do they put it in the open box?

Yea, I'm not sure about the wheels if they'll just give them out.

About claw machines...I'm going to be honest about the claw games you find actually anywhere. They have a certain amount of money that they need to 'make' before any form of payout happens. The amount is set by the operator and can imagine that the reserve needed for the payout costs more than the system at your local game store. I know this somewhat as I have a few pinball machines at my house...I can set the payout on it (as in awarding free games) to be more likely or less likely to happen at the end of a player's game. I can also set the 'replay value' as well. Back on topic, None of us will know however when the machine's made enough or not...just a matter of good timing and sheer luck. My friend won a PS3 from a stacker game on his first try so I would have to say that the game made enough money so it then could become 'generous.'

Until then I will stick with winning nubby balls and stuffed animals at CGA's claw games. I do wonder though, there's got to be some way to win at those turntable games...was thinking about this earlier and considering looking it up on Youtube.

It's not like i don't like carnevil but come on its 5 years old, let's get something new up in here. I'm excited to work it but am disappointed with no new maze but like I said curse of Sarah winchester maze at the Winchester house looks awesome

Lets put it this way a lot of people on this website don't like Grizzly,but Grizzly wont going anywhere because it is a popular ride. It goes the same way with CarnEvil its popular so its not going anywhere.

I'm sure those of us who had ERT have learned to love it? I'm beginning to have even more of a liking for this ride now that I can achieve some floater air on a few spots (The trick is to kind of pull your feet up or relax them so you aren't really locking your body into place). Can't wait for more reprofiling of this ride to see how it performs.

About CarnEvil, I'm sure last season's CarnEvil touchups were done because of it being the oldest maze. I wonder if Slaughter House: Annihilation will get a new/custom made soundtrack.

The one thing I hope they fix on Grizzly this year is that second turn around near Drop Tower where you body just slams into the side of the train or the person next to you. After my bad ride on Roar I will take a ride on Grizzly any day.

That's semi true, they really don't care what we think. Lots of people liked invertigo, stealth, even 7th portal and it's all gone. Popular doesn't really semi to matter at least that's the way I see it

The reason for taking Stealth out was it became a maintenance nightmare and was causing the park to use more money then they should have due to it being a prototype ride. So they took it out to expand the park and make Boomerang Bay which is even more popular. Its is something the whole family can enjoy. The reason the took Invertigo out because of bad press and that maybe Cedar Fair does have some plans for the park to put in a new attraction that could benefit the park more than Invertigo did.

*Sorry for the double post*

Can someone fill me in on carnivals update i know a new soundtrack but I think the layout was the same

A lot of the layout was the same but I think some of the paths were slightly rerouted, or new sets were done (which could have just been a few new sets that were put in).

About Grizzly's fan turn, it does hit that part pretty rough. The odd part about it is the banking it has coming into the turn. Wishful thinking but if that part were tweaked a bit, and if the ride was to exit the turnarounds a little faster, and hit the last bunny hill a bit faster, we would probably see a little more air (sitting in the back).

That's semi true, they really don't care what we think. Lots of people liked invertigo, stealth, even 7th portal and it's all gone. Popular doesn't really semi to matter at least that's the way I see it

The reason for taking Stealth out was it became a maintenance nightmare and was causing the park to use more money then they should have due to it being a prototype ride. So they took it out to expand the park and make Boomerang Bay which is even more popular. Its is something the whole family can enjoy. The reason the took Invertigo out because of bad press and that maybe Cedar Fair does have some plans for the park to put in a new attraction that could benefit the park more than Invertigo did.

*Sorry for the double post*

That's absolutely true. Though it's weird that Paramount made that move because it would still be a maitenance nightmare in Carowinds.

Edited by XYZ

I also wish I could see these upgrades but we never get to visit any of the other houses someone told me

Untrue, we have our employee preview nights the wed and thurs before opening night, each night 1/2 of the park's haunt mazes/scarezones are open, if you are not working on that half then you get to come through them, the other night you work your half of the maze and everyone else gets to go through, generally it's grouped together like this:

Group A: Club Blood, Guantlet, CarnEVIL, Werewolf Canyon

Group B: Slaughterhouse, Underworld Alley, Toy Factory, Cornstalkers, Dead Man's Cove, Black Widow's Cavern.

Not sure if they plan on changing up the groupings this year due to WDT being wiped or not, but we'll find out.

As far as CarnEVIL changes that were made last year, it received a new soundtrack, new paint scheme inside, as well as several new rooms.