TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

At the TPR day did they say if CGA is getting something good next year?

They said "Cedar fair will announce all expansions for all its parks in late august early september" so...no. But they did say that they did have plans for the next few years

I'm sad the season is already almost over.. for anyone going to the Zombie-O-rama in San Jose, keep an eye out for the Haunt Hearse, we had some fun give-aways last year.

Im going to try to go this year I dont think I will dress up like a zombie but I really want to see all of the creative stuff these people do. Oh and visit the Haunt Hearse of course. If I do go I will wear my TPR shirt.

Good memories there. I remember visiting it all the time when it first opened. I also remember getting into it with some ACEr-sized lady who claimed to be in line when she was just sitting at a bench...I mean how are we supposed to know? She made a huge scene and other people walking by stepped in/stood up for us while I walked to the nearest worker to call up security to handle the situation. In the end however she got her way.

About recent events at CGA, as much as I really don't want to bring it up, the park seems to be getting a lot of heat from the GP...mainly because of how the media presented the story. People have been posting stuff on their Facebook page and news story pages are flooded with GP saying "Yea sue! sue! sue!" garbage, and stuff like "I'll never visit them again." Why the people are still after the park when the employee was already dealt with is beyond me. It's not like CGA or Cedar Fair approves of such behavior from their employees... *bruised face/near concussion from epic hardcore facepalm*

As we seem to be on a slight topic of park history and handouts the park gives us, here's one of my recently uncovered goods - a 1999 brochure when it was then known as PGA. KidZville was the newest thing along with Invertigo. I felt it was appropriate to have my Invertigo road wheel as the backdrop

1999PGABrochure.thumb.jpg.54f518603e051167c6b61903a0cd3ef8.jpg

I'm so jealous of all those who got an Invertigo wheel! I want one too! In the Demon pic I'm the one in the back left side-behind my dad. Those other 2 girls were friends from school. My first looping coaster was the Demon & in the pic was my 2nd time on it. The Demon started my love of coasters! Here's my collection:

1116711507_Picture086.jpg.6cf1f61d44444534bf2550b1833ada98.jpg

Demon photo from 1993!

1248754965_Picture088.jpg.7e0db3871d6a71263977422fe6b7b269.jpg

696459003_Picture087.jpg.efb0fd9d51dc479d61ff640f5f418279.jpg

Edited by greatamerica1990sfan

If only you knew how many of those Haunt maps I've eaten over the last 2 years at CGA and 4 years prior while working at Knott's....

the demon photo booth used to be right where the first exit ramp flattens out and turns, against the fence

If only you knew how many of those Haunt maps I've eaten over the last 2 years at CGA and 4 years prior while working at Knott's....

the demon photo booth used to be right where the first exit ramp flattens out and turns, against the fence

The maps you have EATEN?! So I guess thats why they call you Nibbler.

Do you know when they stopped taken pictures on the Demon?

Never knew until now that Demon did photos, the Green Slime Mine Car Coaster (later Runaway Reptar and now Woodstock Express)-I have a photo from that ride- did them at one time, as did, as much as I don't want to bring it up, Invertigo.

www.cagreatamerica.com/events/event_detail.cfm?event_id=452&ec_id=13

Looks like it's official, only three scare zones this year. It seems like with them cutting Witch Doctor's Trail, which was the worst haunt attraction IMO, they can focus on improving and expanding the other scare zones. I wonder why they chose not to bring back the Fangs show. I really enjoyed it last year.

it normally would go live mid-late August, once it's all complete and pretty i'll let ya know.

as to the removing CarnEVIL comment, i doubt that will happen anytime soon, it's one of the most popular mazes in the park, also won maze of the year last year

^I'm hoping that Slaughterhouse is the one that gets updated. I felt that it was the weakest maze, despite some interesting moments (navigating through the hanging bodies, and the restaurant ending). More attention to detail and a Thomas Tissot-produced theme song would do wonders for this maze.

The removal of Witch Doctor's Trail isn't really disappointing to me. That scare zone was just kind of...there. While all the other scare zones had a distinct theme, I was really hard-pressed to find anything other then a bunch of fog with WDT. Last year, I witnessed some lady run right into one of the barrels that was sitting in the path, and fell on top of it. It looked painful.

Even the monsters seemed bored in WDT...one ran up to me and yelled "Is it 12:00 yet?" (referring to closing time).

I'm wondering if the expansion of Dead Mans Cove will extend into Boomerang Bay...