TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^Do you know when it will be updated?

I honestly have no idea lol, they seem to be on an odd schedule this year as far as when things are being updated etc..

Ya this is my first year as talent but I have experience in another haunted house

Welcome aboard You'll probably see me during your HAUNT training as I'm usually up there talking about Slider practices etc for those of us in scarezones (I train our Slider team) A lot of us have pride for our zones/mazes, the season is a friendly competition (Mazes vs Mazes, Scarezones Vs Scarezones) Awards at the end of the year etc etc etc as well as some incentives for showing up all weekend every weekend.. Maze wise Toy Factory (TF) won Maze of the year back in 09', last year CarnEVIL was the winner for the mazes.

How do they pick people to be part of the Haunt crew as a in maze and scare zone positions? Do you just submit a application and then go to the job fair and hope for the best of luck. Or do they make you audition and chose people that they like and put them into the appropriate spots?

^Do you know when it will be updated?

I honestly have no idea lol, they seem to be on an odd schedule this year as far as when things are being updated etc..

Ya this is my first year as talent but I have experience in another haunted house

Welcome aboard You'll probably see me during your HAUNT training as I'm usually up there talking about Slider practices etc for those of us in scarezones (I train our Slider team) A lot of us have pride for our zones/mazes, the season is a friendly competition (Mazes vs Mazes, Scarezones Vs Scarezones) Awards at the end of the year etc etc etc as well as some incentives for showing up all weekend every weekend.. Maze wise Toy Factory (TF) won Maze of the year back in 09', last year CarnEVIL was the winner for the mazes.

Thanks, I'm excited about this I just hope I don't go crazy with that toy factory song lol

Okay, Im confused, can someone explain to me what "Talent" is? is it a maze, show?

Oh and sjsharkattack10, i love your username

Talent: Monsters who work in a Maze, Scarezone or ATMO

Atmo: Atmosphere, these are monsters who are free to roam the entire park, not just in a designated scarezone

Blackout: they are the ones not in costume in all black throughout mazes to ensure steady flow of lines and mazes as well as to ensure safety of guests and talent.

as far as placement, it's all done via interview, unlike Knotts we do not make our Street (Scarezone) monsters audition.

Just ask for Nibbler haha all our vets know me

I try, unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I will be forced to use my psychic powers to give you a migraine....ok so no idea where the last part came from, I just got done working an 12pm-2:30am shift at the park, I need sleep...or coffee....*shrug*

^^Unless they were to put Psycho Mouse were Tiki Twirl (Survivor) is located today. Anyway I read on Screamscape that Cedar Fair purchased three Windseekers and according to him there is strong rumors that one could go to Kings Dominion and to Worlds of Fun. So that leaves one more, could it go to CGA I have no idea I know its not a new coaster but at least its a new ride and maybe we could see a new coaster in 2013.

I heard one was also supposed to go to Kings Island.

PSA: Before anyone complains that Vortex has a long line towards the end of the season and want to know why they are using one train only. Its because the Vortex trains take the most complex to rehab during the off-season. My guess is because of all the moving parts that it has compared to other coaster trains.

*Post #100!

Thanks for answering. I know the hours just was wondering since all the slides in Jackaroo Landing were finally open the last time I went 7/27 but I wasn't prepared-no bathing suit & no money for a locker but all 3 raft slides were closed. I'm glad everything is open now. I'm going Friday & will be prepared this time!!! How is the park on a Friday? I hate going on Friday's but this week I have no choice.

^The only two times i have been to the park were on a and Sunday in summer. It depends on what you classify as crowded. Waits usually are about 20-30 minutes for popular attractions, but some people may consider that long. However, I was raised around DL and SFMM, so I probably have a different perspective on what a long line is. Unless you go on a holiday, you should be fine at CGA.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Two men are suing a Northern California amusement park after they say employees posted a photograph of them riding a roller coaster with a caption labeling them with a homophobic slur.

Craig Person and Edmund Yang were photographed holding hands on the Psycho Mouse ride at California's Great America park in August 2008, according to the complaint filed Monday in Santa Clara County Superior Court. The pair viewed the digital photo after the ride but declined to purchase it.

Later in the day, their friend saw the same photo printed out and displayed on a counter at another ride after someone had added a bubble caption above their heads that contained the slur, the complaint said. The friend confiscated the photo and turned it over to Person and Yang.

Wendy Musell, an attorney for the plaintiffs, said the men immediately went to Great America human resources managers, who were initially responsive to their concerns but eventually stopped communication with them, prompting the lawsuit.

The 10-count complaint, which names Great America and its parent company Cedar Fair Entertainment Co., alleges sexual harassment, discrimination, invasion of privacy and infliction of emotion distress by park employees. It also accuses the park of negligence in its hiring and supervision of workers.

Musell said the plaintiffs were humiliated by the photo display.

"Mr. Yang was in the process of coming out, and it was very difficult for him to deal with this type of ridicule based on his sexual orientation," she said Tuesday.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages and policy changes at the park.

"Even if there was an anti-discrimination policy, the employees weren't adequately trained regarding the policy, nor was there adequate oversight, for this type of event to occur," Musell said.

Great America spokesman Jim Stellmack said Tuesday that he had not yet seen the complaint, but maintained that park managers "took appropriate actions" in dealing with the situation.

"The park doesn't condone the action, and managers dealt appropriately with the employees involved," Stellmack said. He declined to elaborate on what those actions were, citing privacy in personnel matters.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-men-sue-calif-amusement-park-over-slur-191106533.html

First off, America at its finest. Filing a lawsuit, two years after the event. Second, it sounds like some teenager in the park being a jackass like teenagers do. Suing the park seems unecessary. Sticks and stones.

The Invertigo wheels are still there! Maybe for those who work in the park you may want to ask if you can take one. I heard they were just going to recycle them!

About the article it figures that the only state this would happen in was in California where everyone is sue happy. How do they know a ride op did it when some stupid kid wrote it. Plus I doubt any ride op would post it on a wall and haha look at these guys.

rsz_288286_1848960437718_1651947034_1544896_2063517_o_(3).thumb.jpg.1bf4884c0500d1fbd377ee7de9e2c5c9.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture.

I'm ok with how the couple handled the situation except for one thing, "Infliction of Emotion Distress". I get it, it's very upsetting to see something like this, but is it worthy of adding to a lawsuit? Sure the other counts work but our sue happy American citizens will find literally anything to slap onto their arguement for more money/a win.

Side Note: 100th Post