TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I know it's a random and off topic idea, but I'd thought I would share it on here. I don't know if it would work as I've never been to CGA, even though I hope too soon, I thought of a maze location for CGA's haunt. I made a 3D Model in Sketchup, which I have taken pictures of and attached to this post. It is at the Flying Eagles ride, which would need to be taken down very similar to how Knott's did the mazes at the Balloon Race in Camp Snoopy for a few years. Tell me what you think and if you think it would work. The white floor is any place the maze could be.

226177375_MazeLocationPic1.thumb.jpg.c7e69fea1489794321b70a77e6582e34.jpg

All the white pieces on the ground in this pic, is a one inch thick floorboard.

1019444599_MazeLocationPic2.thumb.jpg.70a4aab2af54d7647bb35edd3915caa6.jpg

A better overview of how it would work with the surrounding area.

729123533_MazeLocationPic3.thumb.jpg.7a71e09a3acb3cf9d3941525d36dbf9a.jpg

Aerial view. Oh and in case you didn't know, the white roof is a tent, similar to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood.

That area is already congested during Haunt because the Werewolf Canyon maze entrance is right next to the ride. Also, Flying Eagles is easily one of the park's most popular family rides, so closing it would cause a lot of angry parents. I think the Triple Play grave could be a decent maze.

Anyone check out the news posted yesterday on screamscape regarding the woodie? I am not one to get my hopes up, but it would be nice to have a new ride at CGA.

they were e-mailed the info from this thread. again the only one who knows what the plans are, would be Cedar Fair. until they announce it officialy.. everything else is just mere rumor and speculation, which is why i'm avoiding the discussion lol, cedar Fair looks down on speculation from it's employees

That area is already congested during Haunt because the Werewolf Canyon maze entrance is right next to the ride. Also, Flying Eagles is easily one of the park's most popular family rides, so closing it would cause a lot of angry parents. I think the Triple Play grave could be a decent maze.

Oh, I didn't think of that. But regarding the part about having the ride close, Knott's closes Stagecoach and they used to close the balloon race for haunt mazes which are both popular family rides, and as far as I know nobody complains.

Screw the woodie, I want an Aquatrax

On a more serious note, I really want this coaster to be built. Not only will it be a headlining attraction to even out the park's crowds a bit, but it will also bring in more guests. When was the last time CGA opened a coaster? almost ten freakin' years ago. An announcement like that is sure to bring tons of people into the park.

I know it's a random and off topic idea, but I'd thought I would share it on here. I don't know if it would work as I've never been to CGA, even though I hope too soon, I thought of a maze location for CGA's haunt. I made a 3D Model in Sketchup, which I have taken pictures of and attached to this post. It is at the Flying Eagles ride, which would need to be taken down very similar to how Knott's did the mazes at the Balloon Race in Camp Snoopy for a few years. Tell me what you think and if you think it would work. The white floor is any place the maze could be.

[attachment=2]Maze Location Pic 1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Maze Location Pic 2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Maze Location Pic 3.jpg[/attachment]

Interesting idea, the only way I could see it work is if the exit for Eagles was used as the entrance for the maze. But, I agree with what CGA_88 said, that ride is indeed popular among the families-parents like to ride it with their kids- and almost always has a decent sized line when I work at it (though it's more of a capacity thing-only 8 eagles that seat 2 people each-though most end up riding 1 to a eagle, making it longer.) And yeah, Werewolf Canyon does have quite a line, last season the queue for Werewolf Canyon was up against Eagle's queue area, making access to Eagles somewhat difficult, many even asking me if the line for Werewolf Canyon was for for Flying Eagles.

Maybe some part of Boomerang Bay could be converted to a Haunt Maze, surely some part could be without altering the waterpark too much, even if a tent is set up in part of it. Another location I thought of, maybe Whitewater Falls could be converted into a maze, they could build something to connect both sides of the station as is done at Rapids for Werewolf Canyon with the wooden footbridge taking the guests over the ride to the Rapids turntable.

Screw the woodie, I want an Aquatrax

On a more serious note, I really want this coaster to be built. Not only will it be a headlining attraction to even out the park's crowds a bit, but it will also bring in more guests. When was the last time CGA opened a coaster? almost ten freakin' years ago. An announcement like that is sure to bring tons of people into the park.

I'm with you there and actually, I think its been at least ten years....man that's a loooong time! Wasn't the last new coaster Psycho Mouse?

It was marketed as a reality coaster but of course we all know it's not. It's interesting to note when Paramount was still the owner, CGA got a coaster (big or small) 4 years in a row from 1998 till 2001, '98: Invertigo (till '10), '99: Taxi Jam, '00: Stealth (till '03), '01: Psycho Mouse. Here's hoping CGA get's back to it, whiny neighbors, stadiums and all...

Didn't great america claim that survivor was a coaster? I swear I remember reading on their website something like "worlds first reality coaster"

Here's a portion of the park map from the 2006 season that I saved, it was from when Survivor was first installed and they did market it as such "the world's first reality coaster"

I was at the park today and it was busy for a weekday. Everything had a solid line but they seemed to move fairly quickly. Drop Tower was operating five cabins in the morning and early afternoon but then ended up going down to four cabins only which was a bummer. I also ended up getting stuck on Eagles Flight/Delta Flyer for a good 10 minutes it could have been less it had just seemed longer. Im not sure what happened I know one thing for sure is those cabins rock back and fourth quite a bit. It ended up being a good day and im looking forward to Sunday!

I'm pretty sure we will at least get a new scare zone to replace that one. My friend who does haunt said he hadn't heard about one but let's hope. On the subject of Halloween they are making a haunted house at the Winchester mystery house that looks amazing, so at least that's new if ga doesn't get anything

I'm pretty sure we will at least get a new scare zone to replace that one. My friend who does haunt said he hadn't heard about one but let's hope. On the subject of Halloween they are making a haunted house at the Winchester mystery house that looks amazing, so at least that's new if ga doesn't get anything

They do that every year. It's the flashlight tours. They can't do things to it like haunt because it's a historical landmark. It would be disrespectful to mess with the house. That house is creepy in itself.