TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I went to the park today and had a very good time until later on and I will get to that in a bit. A few things I noticed today FireFall was back open and running great it seemed I did not ride it today. That Grizzly is only running the Blue train for some reason and that Vortex seemed to be very rough today. The park seemed fairly busy for a week day from when I seen in the past. Now to the bad news and well I learned a lesson also. I was ridding Delirium today and as it swooped down my phone fell out and completely shattered luckily I have a black tie plan through Best Buy and I am able to get a new one in a couple days I included a picture for your enjoyment.

Don't post that pic here. You're going to make CGA install the fluffy bunnies that charge you to store your stuff while you ride like they have at some other parks coughSixFlagscough

Actually, if it was in his pocket, the park cannot really do anything about it. It's not like they have to check your pockets on every ride, and, as long as it is in your pocket, it is considered "secure." Besides, ride ops at SFMM seem totally okay on most rides about leaving small loose atricles in the station; a good portion of the rides there do have small cubbies. I wish I could say the same about SFDK. In fact, on one visit I was the only one in my group who did not bring a backpack and never got a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. I just brought my jacket with a lot of pockets. (It was a very cold day, that became hot later on, requiring extra clothing, sunscreen, etc...all in my jacket!)

I don't think will plus I know many people wont buy a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to put their belongings in. what was sort of ironic was some one elses phone fell out on to the grass area by the sign before I got on.

I had to read this sentence FOUR times before I realize this: 1.) No real punctuation or grammar- and that there were four phrases/ideas in one....

Perhaps it was your phone committing suicide for lack of punctuation?

^Im sorry about that I had written that last night after being at the park all afternoon. Then having to go to Best Buy and them telling me I wont have a phone until next Monday, which is a bummer but it is my fault.

Figures that Firefall reopens the day after I visit Let's see if it breaks it's record of two straight days in operation, and make it to October!

That sucks about your phone. I've seen it happen before on Delirium, and it's a painful sight. Your best bet is to wear shorts with velcro pockets and put your phone in them (works for me), or to just put your phone on the shelves.

hmm..Grizzly was running two trains yesterday.

So far it's made it about a day and a half-since it opened around 3 PM or so on July 13- without any downtime, hopefully it will be able to continue like this. I was a little hesitant at first to ride Firefall after I got off work on the day it reopened, but decided to do so anyways since it has been a while since I last rode it. Overall it was not bad, it is basically the same as last season, except it just needs the fire effects back.

Let me guess it was dead all week at the park & Boomerang Bay was closed this week because of the cold weather? Could that finally be more slides-like a whole tube/body slide complex that empties out into real pools they are putting in behind the Manteca slides??? Could be! Is that water trough back on at RRR? I wonder why they turned it off. It made the ride a whole lot better with it on.

^Most probable: Smaller version of Windseeker. Ouimet dropped some hints during his recent visit to Kings Island that "If something works at another park...there is no reason to keep it hidden" (paraphrase). Granted, he was specifically mentioning Kings Island, but it was implied that all parks could benefit.

What most of us want: A coaster that could reasonably fit in Invertigo's area (I prefer either a Zacspin or Eurofighter).

I don't think anyone's said it yet, but I have a strong feeling that something important will be announced during the Q&A session on the TPR day. It's in August...and why would the park agree to a Q&A session if all they are planning on replying with is "We can't comment on plans that are not definite"? Surely they don't expect all the questions to be about Boot Scootin Boogie or whatever.

At the very least, certainly Haunt details will be announced.

I just wish the park would come out and say "We are/are not adding anything new in 2012." I'm tired of trying to read between the lines with every quote that comes out of Cedar Fair.

I may hit the park next weekend on Sunday with a friend of mine just have to see how things go. I am really looking forward to TPR day at CGA and hopefully we will get some news on a new ride that may be coming to the park.

I may hit the park next weekend on Sunday with a friend of mine just have to see how things go. I am really looking forward to TPR day at CGA and hopefully we will get some news on a new ride that may be coming to the park.

Keep on dreaming...

Firefall was running great today! It seems to be running a slightly modified program, and it really improves the ride as a whole. Before the gondola reaches the top of the second swing, the brakes are released early, which actually causes it to flip, and gives you a sense of diving head-first into the water. (I know I explained that badly, so you just have to ride it and see for yourself). It also feels like it puts a lot of stress on the ride.. the gondola was shaking side-to-side, I've never felt that before.

Rode it twice in a row in the morning, thought about marathoning it, but my brother and I wanted to ride on Delirium and Psycho Mouse before their lines got crowded. Ended up riding Firefall four times.

One more thing...the name "Firefall" is now a bit misleading..."Steamfall" is probably more accurate . Not a big deal, I'd rather have Firefall without effects than no Firefall at all.

CEDAR POINT TO ADD THRILLING 18th COASTER TO THEIR LINEUP IN 2012

7/20/2011

Sandusky, Ohio

Cedar Point, America's Roller Coast, announced today that it will be unveiling a floorless Aquatrax coaster in the Spring of 2012. Current President and CEO Richard "Dick" Kinzel held a press conference earlier today to inform park followers and industry moguls alike. "I'm pulling the last ace out of my sleeve to shut up these damn enthusiasts", Kinzel said, of the new project. Kinzel is slated to retire after his contract is up in January 2012. Though an official press release was issued, no name was given for the new attraction. A spokesperson from the public relations department had this to say..."Names? No one gives a rat's ass about names. We could name this thing Flaming Dog Sh*t and fanboys would still flock halfway around the world to come ride it". The ride will feature 36 passenger trains, traveling a combined 11,700 feet of dueling track, a 165 mile-per-hour launch, a 600ft inverted top hat, and a "splash down" effect in nearby Lake Erie. Flaming Dog Sh*t is expected to headline the park's 2012 season and will replace the park's "Shoot the Rapids" attraction, due to "fanboys wanting a coaster more than 'some dumbass boat ride'".

^^Hilarious.

Another odd thing I found yesterday when I went to Great America is there's a blue tarp covering something near the Top Gun/Flight Deck exit. Can this be parts for a new ride?

There are some parts laying around near Top Gun's lift that seem to not been painted since it has a dull paint job.

I saw lots of piles of parts laying near the big dirt hill east of Top Gun.

Plus, at Celebration Swings, the height-measuring stick had 58" on there, I don't know of any ride that you need to be 58" to go on. Unless, Cedar Fair "mass-produces" those height-measuring sticks with 58" so it can work at any park, though in other rides the maximum height is 54".

There's a lot of odd things happening at CGA. Also, if there is a new ride, Thunder Raceway could be replaced very easily and it has a good amount of space for a flat ride or ZacSpin. The Edge used to be there so rides can be at least 131' or more in that location.