TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I'm hoping to see better ride crews than what I saw my last two visits. I didn't see any good ride crews except for the Flight Deck Crew. They could use a lesson from Christina perhaps?

Here's a "new opportunity" that we've been waiting for: The Invertigarden has been officially named "The Green," and now has a stage sitting in the center of it for Bay Area Bands. I saw it today, and seems horribly out of place, but also looks temporary. They were sure quick to remove the plants in the center for it, so maybe the landscaping really is temporary. Parkthoughts' Flicker page has a good picture of it. (I tried to post the link, but it wouldn't work. Just search for recent pictures of "Invertigo" on Flickr).

At last, Tiki Twirl has a real sign. Parkthoughts has a picture of it as well.

Park was dead today, I rode Drop Tower seven times!

I don't and its not because that you have to pay for it. That is the only ride/attraction I will not go on because I am sort of afraid of it. I just don't like the feeling of falling the way you do on that ride. I can't wait until Aug. 7 for Bay Area day at CGA should be a lot of fun!

does anyone ride xtreme skyflyer? I work it and no one ever seems to mention it lol

I think no one mentions it because it is a upcharge attraction cloned at many different parks. I did ride the one at CGA on my last visit in August 2007. It was 5:30 and we were pretty much done with everything in the park so I decided to do it with my sister and one of her friends (their first skycoaster). It was fun, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless I was with people who've never done it before and were interested in trying it. I have also done the one at SFMM back in 2004.

I've been tempted to try out CGA's but the $16.99/rider charge scared me off. I've ridden a Sky Coaster before so I already pretty much know what to expect when riding.

About the "Inverti-Stage..." It looks really out of place. Hopefully something else will take over the stage soon. And I'm glad Tiki Twirl's finally got an official sign now...only took long enough to get the sign printed out

Tiki Twirl signage

Inverti-Stage

About the above picture, the grass looks like it's seen better days, especially compared to the rest of CGA's landscaping. Perhaps this means something...

I'd ride it if it didn't cost money. I'd shell out the money to do it one of these visits.

Bipolar much?

No! I'd really like to ride it! It looks well worth the money. I just really, REALLY, don't want to pay for it that badly.

I went to the park today and had a very good time until later on and I will get to that in a bit. A few things I noticed today FireFall was back open and running great it seemed I did not ride it today. That Grizzly is only running the Blue train for some reason and that Vortex seemed to be very rough today. The park seemed fairly busy for a week day from when I seen in the past. Now to the bad news and well I learned a lesson also. I was ridding Delirium today and as it swooped down my phone fell out and completely shattered luckily I have a black tie plan through Best Buy and I am able to get a new one in a couple days I included a picture for your enjoyment.

284107_1799479960737_1651947034_1486948_132793_n.jpg.7b4c73a370557fa7dcce66e05caf295d.jpg

Shattered iPhone.

I went to the park today and had a very good time until later on and I will get to that in a bit. A few things I noticed today FireFall was back open and running great it seemed I did not ride it today. That Grizzly is only running the Blue train for some reason and that Vortex seemed to be very rough today. The park seemed fairly busy for a week day from when I seen in the past. Now to the bad news and well I learned a lesson also. I was ridding Delirium today and as it swooped down my phone fell out and completely shattered luckily I have a black tie plan through Best Buy and I am able to get a new one in a couple days I included a picture for your enjoyment.

Don't post that pic here. You're going to make CGA install the fluffy bunnies that charge you to store your stuff while you ride like they have at some other parks coughSixFlagscough

Figures that Firefall reopens the day after I visit Let's see if it breaks it's record of two straight days in operation, and make it to October!

That sucks about your phone. I've seen it happen before on Delirium, and it's a painful sight. Your best bet is to wear shorts with velcro pockets and put your phone in them (works for me), or to just put your phone on the shelves.

hmm..Grizzly was running two trains yesterday.

I see some weird stuff happening north of Ripsnort Ridge/Screamin' Wombat in the plot of land where there's nothing until Top Gun. In that plot of land, I saw a bulldozer with caution tape around it. Plus, I saw gardeners pulling some plants out in the garden next to the covered bridge in between Action Theater and Firefall. The side the garden it was on is toward Rip Roaring Rapids. Some wild guesses is that the garden could be an enterance to a coaster and that huge plot of land could be where a coaster would be located OR the huge plot of land can become a water park expansion. The Invertigo site would be hard to put a coaster in there, though a nice big flat ride could be located there (large Screamin' Swing, Star Flyer).

I see some weird stuff happening north of Ripsnort Ridge/Screamin' Wombat in the plot of land where there's nothing until Top Gun. In that plot of land, I saw a bulldozer with caution tape around it. Plus, I saw gardeners pulling some plants out in the garden next to the covered bridge in between Action Theater and Firefall. The side the garden it was on is toward Rip Roaring Rapids. Some wild guesses is that the garden could be an enterance to a coaster and that huge plot of land could be where a coaster would be located OR the huge plot of land can become a water park expansion. The Invertigo site would be hard to put a coaster in there, though a nice big flat ride could be located there (large Screamin' Swing, Star Flyer).

That's very interesting I did not really notice anything yesterday but I also wasn't paying much attention to any construction going on.In the picture i posted is this the area you are talking about and where you saw the bulldozer.

rsz_great_america.thumb.jpg.9be8afb2bfeaf0fb1fc9839f88a2d696.jpg

I remember seeing a bulldozer in that same area around this time last season. I've always felt that something big could be added in that area. But if anything were to be added, it would likely be a water park expansion.

Interesting about the gardeners removing plants...there's usually Haunt decorations in that spot, maybe they're preparing?