TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First-Timer to Busch Gardens Europe..

nerdboyrockstar

I'm planning a first-time trip to BGE. This would be on a Friday/Saturday at the end of April.

My question is..

Do you think 1 day is enough? Or would I need 2 days?

Should I do 1 day at BGE and 1 day at King's Dominion?

These are my can't miss rides at BGE (judging from what I've researched):

Apollo's Chariot

Curse of DarKastle

Escape From Pompeii

Griffon

Corkscrew Hill

Alpengeist

But I would like to do all the rides (minus the kid and flat rides).

Of the shows, the only one that looks interesting to me is Secrets Of Castle O'Sullivan.

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In April? Surely you can get both parks in and have a nice, enjoyable, and productive day at each. I don't see a problem at all getting in everything at Busch Gardens in within a day - you will definitely get multiple re-ride opportunities also. I would expect the longest waits to be for Griffon and Apollo's Chariot. I don't think those waits would be more than a half hour at the peak of the day. I say, BGE on Friday (even though the closing time is 8, you will have a great day if you get there some time before noon) and King's Dominion on Saturday for a really good couple days of riding and enjoying life.

I would agree with Hercules on that one. Kings Dominion on a Saturday in April should be fairly light in crowds, so I would go to Busch on Friday and Kings Dominion on Saturday.

The other thing I will say is that it would be best to hit the rides at Busch following the circular pattern that the main paths form around the park, because jumping from ride to ride that is located on opposite ends (Like going to Griffon, then to Apollo and back to Alpengeist) will take a long time because the park has their rides much more spaced out than other parks I have been to.

Also, if you like to stop for a bit and watch a show or two, you can either go to the Festhaus or the Italian theater and have lunch while taking in a show. My personal favorite show is Emerald Beat.

Corkscrew Hill as a "can't miss"? You must really be into simulators (it is pretty good as those things go).

The "circle" advice is good. I would start with Griffon and work my way around (to Alpengeist, DarKastle, Big Bad Wolf, Apollo's Chariot) and finish up with the Loch Ness Monster. Then you can pick up what you missed (such as water rides and Corkscrew Hill--this line tends to be slow).

If you decide to hit KD, get there before opening and go to Volcano first.

Haha.. yeah I thought Corkscrew Hill was another coaster from the name but yeah I heard it's a simulator. I just really like themed attractions.. So when I'm at KD, I'll be checking out Spongebob 3D and the Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion too. Haha..

Thanks so much for your help. So if I understand this right, my plan should be:

Park entrance to Griffon.. (this map is so confusing.. fastest way to get there?)

Alpengeist

Curse of DarKastle

Big Bad Wolf

Apollo's Chariot

Loch Ness Monster

Water Rides

Re-Rides

Corkscrew Hill

Which rides have a pretty high capacity/lower lines in the afternoon?

Thanks so much for the help.

^

Since most of the rides are B&M, they have fast moving lines. There is a single rider line for Griffon if you don't need to ride with your group all the time.

Alpengiests line is fast moving, but I would hit that right after Griffon. (On Griffon, sit up front on the outside. Then you feel more like you are flying.)

In the afternoon, Apollo's Chariot has a shorter line. The line really depends on if they are loading fast. Even with two trains running.

Big Bad Wolf is amazing at night, and shouldn't have to long of a wait. Be sure to sit up front for the best rides.

Lockness Monster has an average size wait. If you hit it during lunchtime, there shouldn't be a huge problem.

The quickest way to get to Griffon is to go through Ireland and into France.

Hope this helped.

--James

^

The single rider line for Griffon wasn't open on the weekdays last June when i went even though the line exceeded 45 minutes on a Wed in early June. I asked the ops about this and they said they only use it on weekends when the line exceed 2 hours or so.

I don't know how long the lines will be in April but if you go on a weekday the single rider line will may not be used even it the wait is longer than 30 minutes or so.

Even without the single rider line though, griffon's line is pretty good for constantly moving.

Of the three main ways to get to Griffon, the floating bridge by Loch Ness to germany and over through new france, or going through Ireland and the wild reserve would be your best bet.

As for night time rides, all three B&Ms provide cool night rides, especially Apollo's Chariot since the lights were off each time I rode it at night.

To get to Griffon by the most direct route, just head for the Clydesdales' stable and bear right through Ireland to France. If the skyride's open, you can ride that to France, but the line at the station in England is usually pretty long (even in the morning). I also recommend taking the second leg of the skyride as it gives you a pretty awesome, up-close look at Griffon and Alpengeist.