TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember the discussion on launches in the Uk, these are from the Alton Towers thread by the same user (I couldn't see it on here but apologies if some-one already posted these on this thread and I missed it)

Electricity is incredibly expensive in the UK compared to most other countries so LSM launches just aren't financially possible. Gerstlauer only seems to do this type of launch so building Smiler with a launch would never really have been on the cards.

Of course the other maufacturers make LSM and LIM launches but that doesn't mean that Alton Towers could afford the money to run one. Hydraulic launches use a lot less electricity than LSM launches.

I think you are from the US so electricity is much cheaper out there than over in the UK. To give you some idea, fuel poverty is quite common over here, people have to make do without heating and turn off as many lights and electrical appliances as possible in the winter. I live in a 20 year old 4 bedroom house fully insulated (wall and roof) and my gas and electric bill is £1800 or $2775 a year, so if I can switch off a few lights and set my heating to come on an hour later to save some money I will. Because of the cost it has become ingrained in people to save gas and electricity over here.

This is the reason there are no LSM launches over here, electricity is cheaper all over the US and Europe that why you see a lot of little LSM launchers everywhere else.

You saw the reason SFMM and Dreamworld in Oz didn't run there Intamin reverse freefall coasters to the top of the tower, simply to save money as the electricty costs were so high and this was in the US and Oz so can you imagine the electricity costs in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it weird that I got extremely excited and it isn't an Intamin or a RMC?

Well, you're on a coaster enthusiast site, not an Intamin or RMC enthusiast site. I would say being enthusiastic about a coaster is normal.

His post wasn't dumb at all. Very poor choice for this thread. So, here are some eye rolls right back at you...

Edited by ernierocker

This post was made a while back in the DL thread, but still....

I obviously am really hoping for a new ride, but will accept this new show, which does sound very interesting and unique, under the idea that they paint a few coasters like ROS and mind eraser. Maybee some lights on the wheel as well

But really, the thread is full of the park's fanboys blabbering on about a new coaster, and then other people walk in, rudely yelling how the thread needs to die and people need to stop posting. Which is hilarious considering they are being hypocrites themselves. I hope one day, the thread will return to normal. Sorry for getting off topic. I just had to put this out there.

And to the member who recently posted on this forum, I saw your post in the Darien Lake thread that was telling a new member how dumb he was (implied by the facepalm you put) for posting something that it was in his opinion. And you also told another member to shut up. Please don't be rude to them as it makes this website not fun (as it should be because we are all enthusiasts here) and it painfully ironic how you are fitting the description of your location on your profile.

Also, to the mods, I understand that this is probably back-seat moderating, but I wanted to speak out about this.

Edited by Koasterking48

Another post from that thread when Darien Lake announced there would be an upcoming "entertainment announcement"

This announcement is still a puzzle to me. The way it looks, there will not be any new ride but the park dubbed this the "entertainment announcement". Entertainment to me means a show, but you could be entertained while on a ride too I guess. The website still lacks a "New for 2014" page so this is hard to figure out. If this is the only announcement this year, I am quite disappointed as I don't plan to watch the show, and the announcement was hyped a lot

But really, the thread is full of the park's fanboys blabbering on about a new coaster, and then other people walk in, rudely yelling how the thread needs to die and people need to stop posting. Which is hilarious considering they are being hypocrites themselves. I hope one day, the thread will return to normal. Sorry for getting off topic. I just had to put this out there.

And to the member who recently posted on this forum, I saw your post in the Darien Lake thread that was telling a new member how dumb he was (implied by the facepalm you put) for posting something that it was in his opinion. And you also told another member to shut up. Please don't be rude to them as it makes this website not fun (as it should be because we are all enthusiasts here) and it painfully ironic how you are fitting the description of your location on your profile.

Also, to the mods, I understand that this is probably back-seat moderating, but I wanted to speak out about this.

Normally, I would agree about the back-seat moderating but it pointed out a terrible post that needed attention. In the future, using the "report post" function will serve the same purpose, and will alert the moderators. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...