TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some spare time and I know some people here talked about Ride Of Steel being being repainted. I just calculated how much it would cost to repaint Ride Of Steel. It would take about 62 gallons of paint the track and about another 60 to paint the supports. So, assuming they are using Sherwin Williams brand paint, it is $45 per gallon. So, 45 multiplied by 122 is 5,490. Thus it will cost $5,490 to repaint Ride Of Steel. I simply put this here FYI (and I had the miracle of having that much spare time).

Glad to have entertained y'all

^ Tin Foil Hat time! That remark wasn't to you by the way but there IS this conspiracy theory around that there is a cure for cancer going around. About how the Big Guys are hiding it away from the general public so the insurance companies can still make their money. So they are saying these people rather have their money then save lives and how they dont care if you loosed loved ones and are in mourning. My dad even believes in it! I just hope this isnt true because if it is there is some sick people running this world.....So back in their mind they would be like "Hey Kid I dont care if your grandma dies I just want my gold planted Bugatti!!" But in all honest I dont know if this is true or if its just another tin foil hat theory. Sorry I didnt mean to get dark but when I read that it made me think of that. It will be messed up if people who value money over human lives actually run our world...

Okay, so I went to a Cafe and ordered a Coke and a Pancake. They gave me this abomination.

I know, it's a Mickey Pancake, but it looks horrifying. I reordered the pancake, and they gave me an actual one that doesn't look horrifying.

I hope one day they learn you can't just return things and get a new one when you don't like the way it looks.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this was not exactly said ON ThemeParkReview, but it does involve ThemeParkReview.

I was playing on Team Fortress 2, and someone was copy/pasting the strangest fanfiction into the text chat (as the name says, people type into it to talk mid-round) and the fanfiction was about ThemeParkReview! I wish I was making this up but... the fanfiction that the random other player was copy/pasting into the chat was about Rob and the CEO of Intamin...uhh (excluding details for the sake of everyone). It was disturbing to see that while playing a video game and when I was least expecting it. Also, I learned that I am not the only person who knows about TPR and also plays TF2 oddly enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this was not exactly said ON ThemeParkReview, but it does involve ThemeParkReview.

I was playing on Team Fortress 2, and someone was copy/pasting the strangest fanfiction into the text chat (as the name says, people type into it to talk mid-round) and the fanfiction was about ThemeParkReview! I wish I was making this up but... the fanfiction that the random other player was copy/pasting into the chat was about Rob and the CEO of Intamin...uhh (excluding details for the sake of everyone). It was disturbing to see that while playing a video game and when I was least expecting it. Also, I learned that I am not the only person who knows about TPR and also plays TF2 oddly enough.

I mean, Rule 34 of the Internet...

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the popularity of Intamin Impulse coasters...

If you take the GP into consideration, nobody is going to want to ride a rollercoaster that launches forwards and backwards several times. It's super repetitive and has no major gimmick to it like a 100 mph launch or 400 ft spike.

At six flags over georgia, I got into an argument about the roller coaster train, and 2 people were like "the train is the roller coaster" when I even pointed it out. That the train is connected to the track, and the layout the train follows is the roller coaster. They still continued to argue but I ended it before I wanted to fight them.

At six flags over georgia, I got into an argument about the roller coaster train, and 2 people were like "the train is the roller coaster" when I even pointed it out. That the train is connected to the track, and the layout the train follows is the roller coaster. They still continued to argue but I ended it before I wanted to fight them.

Did you mean...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^

I know it is not, however, the reason for that logic, is that people say a Alpine Coaster with a 200ft+ tall drop, does not count as a hyper, as it does not feel like it. Technically, Expedition GeForce is a Mega coaster, as that is what Intamin calls it. Nice to be back in this topic, it has been a while