TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

I chuckled a bit.

Oh, and this thread is now at 1000 posts. Don't know if that ought to be celebrated, or considered shameful that we've warranted this many replies to stupid things.

This thread was created roughly 7 years ago, at least 50% of the posts are there to comment on the stupid posts, so there are roughly 70 posts per year that get recognised and appeared here. That's quite good for such a big website!

Plus this thread pretty much subscribed to DarienLaker's posts lately.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chuckled a bit.

Oh, and this thread is now at 1000 posts. Don't know if that ought to be celebrated, or considered shameful that we've warranted this many replies to stupid things.

This thread was created roughly 7 years ago, at least 50% of the posts are there to comment on the stupid posts, so there are roughly 70 posts per year that get recognised and appeared here. That's quite good for such a big website!

It could probably gain a spin-off as it's own thread at this point if things posted to other forums were included.

I chuckled a bit.

It could probably gain a spin-off as it's own thread at this point if things posted to other forums were included.

If we did that, we would hit 1000 posts overnight.

But as you know, TPR has no interest in supporting stupidity that is not TPR stupidity. We are not looking to send people to non-quality forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@Everyone on the last page, Go back and read the part where I said if a kid/teenager puts there leg out to the middle of the track (where the launch mechanism would be). That's what I mean. I was talking about a FLOORLESS coaster, not a wing rider. Someone very well could cut their leg.

Because there's no way B&M could ever build a launched floorless without chopping someone's leg off!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted an RCT3 park in the Games forum that was completely stolen work, and only featured stolen screenshots from other sites. When confronted over this by several users (including some of the original creators of the content he was using):

Where did i claim any of this as my own work, no where. all i said is i was using these, the only claim of my work is the modifications i was making towards it. Look around this forum, hundreds of parks use these things without credit

He was greatly deserving of the banhammer he got.

• 3 weeks later...
@Everyone on the last page, Go back and read the part where I said if a kid/teenager puts there leg out to the middle of the track (where the launch mechanism would be). That's what I mean. I was talking about a FLOORLESS coaster, not a wing rider. Someone very well could cut their leg.

Because there's no way B&M could ever build a launched floorless without chopping someone's leg off!

I don't even remember posting that...what was i thinking?

• 2 months later...

Posted in the Silver Dollar City thread.

3. The food is overpriced and not anything better than what I can get in a box at Walmart

Obviously they have never eaten at SDC, because the food is some of the best theme park food out there.

EDIT: Here is the entire list of why SDC sucks as a park...

Here is a specific list:

1. Super expensive admission

2. There are people trying to sell pictures every thirty feet

3. The food is overpriced and not anything better than what I can get in a box at Walmart

4. There are stores every five feet selling super expensive junk

5. The rides are run at weak programs, such as the Barn Swing were it only does two swings at full power

6. Trailblazer passes are expensive and when I looked them up it says it works on only eight rides and not all of them but that's standard at most parks

7. They don't allow you to stay on the ride if there is no line

8. The staff isn't even that friendly, the ride ops don't even smile, I know it must be miserable for them to stand around in those awful uniforms all day in the Missouri heat but can't they at least smile?

9. Ride ops are fast but it seems like on some of the crowded days that I go, and I go often, that they only run one train on Outlaw Run

10. The on ride photos are expensive

11. I know it's not something to get that irritated about but they have that track voice thing that plays on Outlaw Run that says the ride rules and stuff but still the ride ops always talk over it so all of it is unrecognizable and annoying.

12. They used to have real live stage coaches that would take people around the park but stopped doing that a while ago

13. The carousel is below the average r.p.m and looks relatively naked as to it doesn't have the usual carousel artwork

14. This is also something weird to get worked up about but it annoys me that in the parking lot the buses and other cars have the right of way rather than the pedestrians like how it usually is so if you walk to the park you have to wait for a bus to pass and if you're walking across when a bus pulls up they'll yell at you

15. I know they can't really control this but down in the area by Thunderation there is a TERRIBLE smell that smells like raw sewage, some days it's more noticeable but most days it's just like an annoying fly that buzzes around you

Some of these are just plain ignorant... like:

13. The carousel is below the average r.p.m and looks relatively naked as to it doesn't have the usual carousel artwork

I mean... REALLY??

• 3 weeks later...

Found this in the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Thread:

Yea they posted this leak... If you haven't seen it already...

You should probably try READING the forum before you post: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1626731#p1626731

One week ban for not bothering to pay attention.

May I have a one week ban too, please? This has been a very stressful week for me, so this might calm me down a bit. I really love TPR, but I don't feel like I'm completely experiencing this website, so I just want to try it out a little bit, see how I like it. I don't want a full experience of a permanent ban, though, I would not like that. I would really appreciate if you fulfilled my request. I may join Club TPR afterwards.

I don't think I've ever seen someone request a ban on the forum before?

^Oh, I know of at least one other.

From the Hard Rock Park thread:

Now you freaking listen to me right now. Every single one of you. I dont know where you get off not allowing us to DEBATE a damn topic. We are debating a topic and I think that is healthy and fair. If you want to BAN us for debating something I think you need to check your values, you understand?

If this is a website which bans people for debating a topic, you guys need to evaluate yourselves.

What I notice, and what the rest of you need to notice, is that if any of us say ANYTHING you mods and Robb and Elissa do not like, you automatically ban or try to discredit. You never ever take people for their word or attempt to understand what we are trying to get across. It is either your way or the highway. That goes for JeffJohnson, CFC and anyone in your group who goes out on trips with you guys.

We try to say ANYTHING you dont like and you put us down for it. It is pathetic and I am wondering why I post at a forum where individual thoughts are put down.

So go ahead and ban me now. I know you will because you don't care about anyone but your posse. Its true and you damn well know it.

Your wish is granted.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...