TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted in the Kings Island thread:
Does anyone think that Flight of Fear (cough Fire cough) is getting removed? With 2 incidents in 2 weeks I think KI is done with this.

Beat me to it!

Posted on the "I'm so sad to call this my home park because of its terrible thread on TPR" forum. I'm sure we can guess which enthusiastic user this came from.

DougMJr wrote:

Scrambler will be located on Predator Blvd near 3 point challenge and will open this month.

I thought Scrambler would come back in 2015, but what's going to replace, the 3 Point Challenge game?

This of course ended in the possibility of Ride of Steel being repainted fluorescent beige, and a 20 year old water slide complex with many issues making a return in the middle of Kiddie Land.

• 3 weeks later...

Another gem from the Darien Lake thread:

DarienLaker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 pm

^Sorry, it was just a thought! Darien Lake could get a Maverick clone coaster to go into Barracuda Bay, but I don't think Cedar Point is going to get rid of the real Maverick coaster anytime soon!

As another user said before, I wish that the DL thread would improve, as it is my home park. Most of the normals get decent debates and discussions going on, until some certain users throw in some random, crazy thought that makes me want to punch my computer screen. Now I tend to just ignore the crazy comments and carry on.

• 1 month later...
It will be neat seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched roller coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however, next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (its first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore. It looks like it is going to be a near-exact copy of Manta.

This is a winner from the carowinds thread

"It will be nice seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (it's first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore. Looks like a near-exact copy of Manta."

They also say that Fury is identical to Intimidator

This is a winner from the carowinds thread

"It will be nice seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (it's first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore. Looks like a near-exact copy of Manta."

They also say that Fury is identical to Intimidator

It's already mentioned here, a few times

• 3 weeks later...
So I found out today that this past weekend was Military Appreciation Day (free admission for active duty military and up to 3 dependents). But apparently no one in their PR department was thinking because Sunday was also Muslim Friends and Family Day. I work with a former Marine who was deployed to Iraq and went to the park on Sunday. He said it was incredibly awkward.

Dumb, ignorant, probably borderline offensive…what's not to love about this one?

• 2 weeks later...