TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I guess there's one single exception to that :

The park also claimed that the ride's design flaws prevented operation during medium winds, sometimes stalling even during slight breezes, which Knott's called an "embarrassment."

I always thought the wind had some kind of effect on the speed, even if it is a little bit. I'm taking a guess here, with nothing to back me up on this, but isn't that why some rides (particular the ones with the top-hat element) get stuck or go back down? I always thought that was due to the wind.

So I'm a bit curious then, what causes some of those rides to not go all the way through their top hat element if its not the wind?

Just the launch not successfully performing to its top speed, which is the inevitable for many launched coasters.

I went back to the beginning of this thread and found this on the second page. It's always great to take a stroll back to memory lane!

Okay. I have a half hour and a lot of things to get off my chest, so here goes.

Why is it that nobody can spell these days? My teachers have committed such atrocities as "Dr. Jeckyl" (wince) and "Appolo" (double wince). Kids can't spell either. I hate that. Furthermore, people who know nothing about what they are talking about but talk about it anyway really tick me off. If I have to sit through one more lecture about how Eragon is exactly the same as Lord of the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, I will get violent. Speaking of which, Eragon is NOT a ripoff of LOTR and Star Wars. All three are trilogies based on the Hero's Journey. If that makes them the same, then all three are ripoffs of The Odyssey, by Homer. Also, the movie will be crap. A $125 million budget is not going to do the book justice. But at least it will be quality crap, unlike Saw III, which I will not see because I feel that any movie that would be stocked on the same shelf as The Slumber Party Massacre II is crap and should be burned. We don't need a 90-minute gorefest. We need creativity. Hollywood creativity is dead. As is Six Flags. Six Flags deserves to be bought by Cedar Fair. Then we would pay less. On that note, why is it that people pay more for stuff just because of a label? Is America that stupid? Apparently so, because designer clothes sell. And crappy games sell. For every Myst there are 20 games where the objective is to kill everyone. Why is this? Is there some need for violence? It does not teach violence. Which brings me to another point. Video games are not all violent. Which games sell really well? SimCity. RCT. Myst. Meteos. Mario Kart. Why? They're fun. They don't rot your brain, they focus it. I focus on RCT2 and I have an IQ of above 150. Coincidence? Probably. But that's not the point. The point is that people are morons and most believe anything. Anyway, my Honors class assigns more work than my two Accelerated classes and my AP class put together, and the year is based on "what it means to be human." I am not human. I am a dragon. But my teacher doesn't care. I gotta go now.

Wow. I was extra stupid back then.

Well a couple months back, there was a post on KI FB, by from what looked to be a 10 year old girl. Saying something along the lines of

"I was at Kings Island on Saturday and I was walking by Vortex and the wheels flew off and the back part of the roller coaster flew off the tracks. They hurried up and put it back together before anyone else saw it."

I was going to post it on here earlier, but forgot.

• 2 weeks later...
well as Obama says, everything should be equal for all. if skinny people can fit, fat people should fit too. it wont be long before the govt gets involved and make sure ride manufactures aren't designing rides against the obese.

Regarding the new seatbelts on Diamondback...

Wow. I hope they really are retractable. I hate buckles that have a piece of belt on each side. It makes it much harder to sit down without sitting on a buckle.

How do you not sit on the buckle?

There is a piece of buckle on each side.

They don't just magically remove themselves when you sit down, and I can't move them out of my way.

Idk, I'm sounding dumb. It might be easier to buckle since it is an open air seat, but I always have problems with wooden coaster buckles. You have to hold up both buckles before you can sit down, without sitting on one.

I think if it was coming to China, I would know about it since I'm currently studying Chinese in China. Maybe Yin knows. Yin? Heard of Time Machine coming to China?

I did not realize studying Chinese in China grants one access to all Chinese amusement park knowledge. I thought it was still difficult to get accurate information on many projects.

I think if it was coming to China, I would know about it since I'm currently studying Chinese in China. Maybe Yin knows. Yin? Heard of Time Machine coming to China?

I did not realize studying Chinese in China grants one access to all Chinese amusement park knowledge. I thought it was still difficult to get accurate information on many projects.

I was going to quote that but the Yin comment made me hope it was sarcastic. However since I just married a Korean, work and live in Korea you are more than welcome to ask me about all the secret future plans of Everland

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys, Most of the time I like to spend with watching newly movies and my life time favorite movies are:-

1 Spider man 3

2 Terminator 2

3 Twilight Saga

4 Titanic

These are most important life time movies ever....

Someone could argue with 2 and 4, but the other two are just dumb.

I am just going to go ahead and quote your post since you were quoting a spambot...

Hi Guys, Most of the time I like to spend with watching newly movies and my life time favorite movies are:-

1 Spider man 3

2 Terminator 2

3 Twilight Saga

4 Titanic

These are most important life time movies ever....

Someone could argue with 2 and 4, but the other two are just dumb.

I am just going to go ahead and quote your post since you were quoting a spambot...

Edited by cfc