TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Great Adventure Off-Season Tour 3/24/08

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they removing the Teepee?

Also.. what was the Flying Wave? I've been there once, but don't know some of the catalog ride names.[/quote

The Flying Wave is the swings.

The skin of the Tepee ripped off during a storm a few weeks ago. When it was ripped they discovered termite damage. The a log replacement is not cost effect or maybe impossible to find.

Tepee1.jpg.5af4fdc2729304b27b563b1234ede1ff.jpg

The park just looks sad.....I mean sure the coasters are top class but the park in general is pathetic IMO. It's really sad though because I used to love the park.

I know the flat collection is pathetic, but aesthetics-wise the park looks great. The landscaping and overall atmosphere last season were better than I can ever remember. The golden kingdom and plaza del carnival especially are just beautiful.

Is it just me, or does the building for The Dark Knight look like a huge box? I hope they do something to add some shape to it. It still looks like a great coaster that the whole family will want to ride though. Great PTR!

The park just looks sad.....I mean sure the coasters are top class but the park in general is pathetic IMO. It's really sad though because I used to love the park.

I know the flat collection is pathetic, but aesthetics-wise the park looks great. The landscaping and overall atmosphere last season were better than I can ever remember. The golden kingdom and plaza del carnival especially are just beautiful.

I agree those areas are awesome but they each have one ride....besides kid's rides. The parks landscaping was awesome last year but that does help with those long lines in the summer. I just hope next year brings a few flats.

Is it just me, or does the building for The Dark Knight look like a huge box? I hope they do something to add some shape to it. It still looks like a great coaster that the whole family will want to ride though. Great Photo TR!

I was thinking the same exact thing. They remedied this "look" on Skull Mountain by putting in a faux mountain front and painting a mountain skyline on the sides of it. Hopefully they do something more than just leave Dark Knight gray.

As for the park... I honestly don't see much of a improvement at all. If anything; lines will be longer from even less rides throughout the park now, and more people will be pissed that they have to get a locker on the main coasters (I could care less).

Granted, guest services and some other bells and whistles may enhance a park goers total experience but I can honestly say that I am less than enthused to go to a park that looks to be moving more backwards than it is forwards.

Building a good family coaster and planting more pretty flowers doesn't erase the net ten plus flat rides, drop tower, and coaster that have been lost in just two seasons.

/end sourness

"Hey Six Flags New England, what's this?"

I HATE YOU DAINAN! Haha, just playing. (Ps...it's Hayes)

Don't get me started about this and all of the rest of the new policies this season. Awesome pictures! At least I got to see what I will be seeing because you know, we just thought we didn't need a permit.

Yes.. the park HAS lost it's fair share of rides now. But think.. how many of them ACTUALLY ran? I'm sure in a few short years, everything will be filled in and looking much better! I mean, remember what Plaza del Carnaval and The Golden Kingdom USED to look like?

They're nearly unrecognizable! Give it time, people and I'm sure we won't miss those terrible Das Bumpkins or whatever those terrible bumper cars were called, or Music Express, Enterprise, Evolution, Double Trouble, or Stuntman's Freefall.

We are into COASTERS, not 20+ year old flat rides, right? Make due!

Actually....mostly everyone that I've talked doesn't want any of the flats to go. And EVERYONE I know misses Freefall and all the others. I'd preffer to see flats and atmosphere back in my park instead of an other coaster.