TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Single Rider Line, Island Adventure Orlando

lost164

Hi from Uk and This year I am going to holiday Orlando

I go on the ride my own and Dueling Dragon and Hulk ride have single rider line? and how long to wait in line and can ask staff to get front row ride?

Which best to go single ride or go normal line?

I not sure about it?

I really like go on front row ride!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ When did Hulk get a single rider line? I was there in October 2006 and they didn't have one then, but when I asked about it, the lady was nice enough to take me up to the loading platform in the handicapped elevator.

Eric

Interesting. Our visit was on a Saturday, and I asked the cast member/hostess specifically if they had a single rider line. Her answer was, "No, but if you put your stuff in a locker and come back, I'll take you up in the elevator."

So, I put my camera in one of the short-term lockers, returned to the line, and as promised, up we went. I got to ride in the front row because there was a spot open.

Eric

Does Spiderman still have its single rider line?

I was at IOA in Feb. '03 with a companion and we used the single rider line since the regular line was 45 minutes and we didn't care where we sat and whether we sat together. We got on it with no wait.

Single Rider lines ^ including Spider-man ^ work great in the early afternoon but by 5:00 become just as long as the regular lines because of the fact that now everyone is aware of it. People just hop their families into those lines and they fill up as well. Dueling Dragons sometimes uses their "Re-entry/Ride Again" door that is right before you leave the building it usually is locked because it is never needed.

If you don't care where you sit, or if you are with your family, single-rider lines are the way to go! My favorite is MIB Alien Attack over at U.S. because I personally believe you are to caught up in the action to pay attention to your family anyways, so if you sit seperate, there really are no drawbacks!

At Universal Orlando, the following rides have single rider lines:

USF:

Revenge of the Mummy

Men in Black

IOA:

Hulk

Spider-Man

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

The single rider lines for Mummy and MIB are almost always open, unless the regular wait time is nearly 0 minutes. The single rider lines at Spider-Man and Ripsaw Falls generally open when the regular wait is 30-45 minutes. Hulk's single rider line can open when the line is longer than 30 minutes, but it has a tendency to open and close when it wants.

The wait for the single rider line can almost be as long as the wait for the regular line. Usually, Mummy and MIB will get you on the ride in 15 minutes or less (unless the lines are backed up as far back as the entrance). Spider-Man's single rider line is generally half the wait of the regular line. Hulk's single rider line can get you on in about 15-20 minutes.

Remember, the single rider line wait can be as long as the regular wait or can close if the line becomes too long. The MIB single rider line seems to be the most efficient at Universal.

Also, if you see WillMontu at Universal, please slap him upside the head for telling a modly, oldy joke. He's not hard to find -- just look for a really dorky guy wandering around with an equally dorky camera.

^ When did Hulk get a single rider line? I was there in October 2006 and they didn't have one then, but when I asked about it, the lady was nice enough to take me up to the loading platform in the handicapped elevator.

Eric

I went in February 2005, and I used the single rider line. But now, that I actually care for the back seat, I probably won't use the single rider line unless for extreme occasions. Or if a one car train is trying to be filled up - like Whirlwind at Seabreeze or Wildcat at Cedar Point, then I won't care. (I definitely take single rider lines for Dr. Doom's Fear Fall. It took a 15 - 25 minute+ line down to 5 minutes.) But, it does cut lines. A lot. By a factor of at least 5 or 6.

Barry, does Dr. Doom's Fear Fall still have a single rider line? I went in February 2005 and took great advantage of it.

When I was at IOA in January I was told there was no single rider line for Hulk...Where do you go for that?

Also, I completely missed the single rider line for Spiderman, where is it? It frustrates me now in hindsight considering I could have used my limited time there better.

I did however sucessfully use the single rider lines for MIB, Mummy and Fearfall.

^The single rider line for the Hulk merges with the Express line. When the 2nd Team Member checks Express passes, tell the person you are a single rider and you get to go down a separate path. The Hulk single rider line may have been closed because the regular wait was relatively short.

The Spider-Man single rider line is to the left of the Express entrance. If you turn left, you will see stroller parking and another entrance with a sign flipped over. If the single rider line is open, that sign will be flipped and say "Single Riders." Also, a sign near that entrance will be flipped. It will say Single riders.

BTW, Jaws at USF has a single rider line too.