TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags announces Six Flags Thrilleaders

How much lower can they go?

NEW YORK, March 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX - News) announced today the launch of the first-ever professional, theme park cheerleading team -- Six Flags Thrilleaders. Making their public debut for the 2008 season, the Six Flags Thrillleaders will promote the company's unique brand of thrilling entertainment and become an integral part of Six Flags' ever-expanding entertainment offerings.

Under the direction of professional choreographer Tony Gonzalez, Cheer/Dance Choreographer for the Bring It On movie series, the Thrilleaders will captivate Six Flags guests with their explosive, high-energy routines and act as Ambassadors of Thrill throughout the Six Flags family of parks. In addition to performing at parks, the Thrilleaders will also participate in various community, charitable and corporate events.

Auditions for the inaugural team will be held, Saturday, April 19, 2008, from 9 a.m - 4 p.m. at the Doubletree Times Square in New York City. The audition routine will be led by hot, new choreographer and Season 1 contestant on the hit show, So You Think You Can Dance, Ashle Dawson. The Thrilleaders audition panel of judges will include Tony Gonzalez, Brittany Geragotelis, Associate Editor for American Cheerleader Magazine, and Kristin Siebeneicher, Director of Entertainment, Six Flags Great Adventure. Six Flags is looking for the best young women and men in cheerleading, dance and thrills that the nation has to offer. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older by the date of the audition. To pre-register for the auditions, go to http://www.sixflags.com/thrilleaders. You may also register in person on the day of auditions.

All media are invited and welcome to attend the auditions. For further information about The Thrilleaders team or to obtain official audition information, log-on to http://www.sixflags.com/thrilleaders or email sfthrilleaders@sixflags.com.

About Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 21 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Founded in 1961, Six Flags has provided world class entertainment for millions of families with cutting edge, record-shattering roller coasters and appointment programming with events like the popular Thursday and Sunday Night Concert Series. Now 47 years strong, Six Flags is recognized as the preeminent thrill innovator while reaching to all demographics -- families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike -- with themed attractions based on the Looney Tunes characters, the Justice League of America, skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX - News) headquartered in New York City.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080318/nytu045.html?

Here's a cool little logo http://www.NewsPlusNotes.com posted:

370966791_Picture14.png.d6861954df20220bbab3cac2747ee45a.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I mean seriously, the last thing I would ever think about when going to a theme park is "Will they have cheerleaders?" Come on, get serious. I bet they could hire some more food people, character or service people for the price they are paying for this crap. And just when SF seem to be making good decisions for once.

Im not sure if I like the idea, but roaming the parks and seeing hot cheerleaders is ok by me!

Ah yes, the cheerleader day st SFDK was certainly enjoyable for my friends and me who were also there that day. Especially on the water rides!

But the idea of professional SF cheerleaders? Ugh, I don't want to see how this would turn out.

I can't say I'm too "thrilled" about this news. I guess it could be ok if done in good taste, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the "family friendly" direction that Six Flags has been going lately. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see it for myself but my initial impression is, "Huh?". My 16 year old son is all for it though. Go figure...

Wow hahaha sounds like they got this idea from the game Thrillville. They had entertainers in the form of dancing cheerleaders on there too.

Hey, it's more proof that management must be using video games, (rct, thrillville, etc.) to figure out how to run an actual park!! Just kidding, though.

But yeah I think it is kind of a cheesy idea, say the least, but if it works and the general public likes it, then okay. I'd like to see what the routines are, haha!

This is horrible. They can't possibly be serious.

How about instead of staffing 15 cheerleaders to roam the park and cheer like idiots, they hire 15 cheerleaders to stand at the restroom entrances all day to make sure the bathrooms stay clean (If they want to, they're more than welcome to cheer like idiots there).

Cheerleaders cleaning bathrooms, I don't see how anyone could complain about that.

^ I like your thinking.

Can we blame Six Flags for trying? I mean come on. They are simply trying to make a good experience out of all of this mess. I could see bashing them if they made a really bad move, but this nothing to bash them about.

Six Flags will probably have an easier time recruiting girls for this "Thrillleaders" thing than they will people to work in the bathrooms. I think that while six flags could hire more people, they probably would need to have more people apply, which I would assume to be eaiser if they had better pay and perks (But then again, the only place I know the actual pay level and perks is Cedar Point, I don't know for sure what Six Flags offers).

Count me among the hurling.

My money is on the concept getting canned the first time one of these shrieking idiots flies/jumps/is thrown in the air and lands on his/her head and the lawsuits start pouring in. I'm sure the ambulance chasers are already cheering for this idea.

What??????

SF is now trying TOO hard.

First of all... What the heck are they going to cheer about?!? What's the purpose of this?

Also, why call them thrilleaders? They could've just called them the Official SF cheerleaders.

They probably would get a lot more business back if they brought back Mr. Six.