TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm going to SFOT on 3-21-08

I am soooo glad that I get inside information on park status before heading out... I was very tempted to take the kids on Thursday afternoon, but contacted my informant to find out that the park was expected to be max capacity for the day. You've got to be crazy to go out there and expect to ride anything on days like that...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they say the park was full to capacity, how many people would be allowed in the park at one time? There has to be a limit, and its probably pretty big.
I am not sure what Max capacity constitutes now days... I've seen days when we had an estimated of 30-45,000 for the day. I just know if they tell me 15,000 or less then it is a perfect day to go out there.

Geez...those waits are insane! I've never seen the park that crowded. And with 29.99 tickets, I really don't blame them. I think Six Flags might actually be getting the right idea. In the past 3-4 years, I've been to the park about 9-10 times and I have never even seen it remotely crowded. Even on weekends and stuff. Although lines do suck....maybe it's not such a bad thing. Six Flags Over Texas has always been neglected in my opinion in the past few years, and with the addition of new rides and refurbishments, I think its a great thing for the park. And maybe Six Flags Management will consider adding some more great rides now that attendance is skyrocketing. Just pray for good weather this summer.

Six Flags Over Texas has not been neglected and has been maintained very well as a whole.

What you are seeing as neglect is Six Flags starting to run their company like a business and only install rides when it makes sense...not to drive up attendance for one year, only to see it plummet a year later with no new attraction. You don't make money that way.

The park has made many capital improvements each year, some visible (new rides, shows, etc) and some not so visible (new water lines, siding, paint, roofs etc), all of which come together to make a great theme park.

It isn't all about the rides, remember. It's about the experience.

Six Flags Over Texas has not been neglected and has been maintained very well as a whole.

What you are seeing as neglect is Six Flags starting to run their company like a business and only install rides when it makes sense...not to drive up attendance for one year, only to see it plummet a year later with no new attraction. You don't make money that way.

The park has made many capital improvements each year, some visible (new rides, shows, etc) and some not so visible (new water lines, siding, paint, roofs etc), all of which come together to make a great theme park.

So what is your affiliation with six Flags? I've got a serious beef with new park policies this year... I've talked to Guest Relations and have asked for a phone call regarding concerns, but have not heard from anyone. I am going out there this weekend and plan to make a unannounced stop at the main office out back and speak to the Park Director.

I got on one ride in 4 hours. I think i'm obligated to say i was fairly pissed and disappointed with my, "experience." I also waited an hour for a freakin turkey leg and curly fries, which were rather blah. Also the bathrooms were rather dirty, and quite unsanitary.

Eh, well I can completely understand where you're coming from with the frustration. I mean adding more rides may not be the answer, but 4 hours in line for a ride is just ridiculous. Even Disney isn't that bad. And unfortunately for Six Flags, theres not much room for expansion, which I also give them. I would like to see a new attraction, but even more-so I would like to see them re-do some sections of the park. For example, the pathways in Spain, there is a giant bolt sticking out of the ground right under the Spain sign which hasn't been fixed in years. It's a good 2 inches tall, and I mean ive seen multiple people trip over it. Fortunately, its near the first aid area, but I think upgrading the park would be a nice idea. I just find the idea of giving parks like Six Flags Great Adventure ANOTHER roller coaster 2 years after getting 2 new roller coasters in a row ridiculous. Add some more family rides that don't cost 7.5 million dollars each please. I don't think saying SFOT is neglected compared to other parks is unreasonable. I'm not saying it is neglected as a whole, but when put against other parks, Six Flags picks favorites. Yes, location plays a factor, but by only upgrading certain parks, you will obviously have more of a pull to those parks.