TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm going to SFOT on 3-21-08

This Friday, my family is heading out for a 5 day Texas trip and we're spending some time at Six Flags Over Texas.

Few Questions:

1. What rides are worth waiting for, and which aren't?

2. is the park packed on Fridays? I know everyone will be out for Spring Break so I'm a little worried.

3. Is Tony Hawk anywhere near opening? It says spring '08 but not specifically, and we all now how updated SF is.

So expect tons of pictures!

This will be my second visit, but not in a long time. I barely remember it, and I can't wait to ride Goliaths sister.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note - Please read our "Posting Rules": http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127287

See #1 about descriptive topics. I had to change your topic title because it told readers absolutely nothing about the content of the post. Please do a better job with your topic titles next time.

Thanks.

--Robb

Titan, Mr. Freeze and Superman:Tower of Power are definitely worth the wait. I am not quite sure if Shockwave has re-opened not or yet. I guess is depends on what you want to ride. Batman is worth the wait if you want to add it to your track record, along with Runaway Mountain. The Texas Giant can be brutal, however, it is worth the wait..to me at least. Flashback, well..I wouldn't wait..unless again you want to add it to your TR!! Most of the flats are pretty fun. Rodeo and Acme: Rock-N- Rocket can have some really slow load times, I would avoid them if the lines are long.

Spring Breakout is CRAZY busy!! This is the last week of SBO. Next week the park is only open on Sat and Sun.

Tony Hawk still has quite a ways to go. I am hearing maybe the 1st or 2nd week of May for opening.

I am sure some other folks on here can help you out too, hope this helps.

It is expected to be VERY busy Friday so I would recommend a Flash Pass if possible.

Tony Hawk is still in the process of having piers poured.

Shock Wave also remains closed for refurbishment.

Basically, don't miss Titan or Mr. Freeze for sure. From there it really depends on what you like. I love Mine Train, Judge Roy Scream, Texas Giant etc..but that's just me.

Hope you have a great time!

Rides that I think are worth a wait:

-Titan

-Mr. Freeze

-Batman (unless you've ridden one of the dozen others)

-Shockwave (one of the most underrated coasters out there IMO, but apparently it's down for refurb)

-Texas Giant (but I am one of the few who actually loved this coaster)

Shockwave most likely won't be open along with Tony Hawk. They said that Shockwave won't be open til at least April. They are missing something special called Shockwave. I want to go there, but I won't go if Shockwave isn't open. I don't care if Tony Hawk is open, but I don't want to miss Shockwave.

The rides that are going to have longer lines than others should be Runaway Mountain, Mr. Freeze, and La Vibora. These rides have less capacity especially Runaway Mountain. Runaway Mountain had 2 trains when I was there, and they only have 12 people in each train.

It's an awesome ride in my opinion, but the line will be long. So, go there first, and than go to La Vibora. Sit in the front of the car on La Vibora. Next, go to Mr. Freeze. When I was there, Mr. Freeze didn't open right on time so I'm thinking it doesn't always open up first thing. Flashback is a typical boomerang, and I think it's fun.

I had a tough time finding Judge Roy Scream. It's out of the park. You go under a tunnel in the park, and go to the other side. Techinically, it's in the park, but it's not. I was so lost finding that ride. Look at the map carefully. I remember going behind a building and turning right to get to that ride. It's worth finding this ride though. Ask an employee if you can't find it.

I say avoid Texas Giant. It's going to beat you up. The regular mine train (not mini one) is quite fun for what it is. For flats, I say that Rock N Rocket (Intamin Space Shuttle) is worth going on just because it's becoming a dying bread. They are taking out those rides left and right. They are taking it out at Great Adventure.

The rodeo (Breakdance) is boring. The funniest, and stupidest flat at that park is right by the Texas Giant. It's a boot ride where all these boots go up and down during the ride. It's just stupid, fun, and I liked it. The Yo-Yo (swings) doesn't tilt, and is boring to me. This park has dark ride themed to Bugs Bunny characters, but I think it's poorly done. I don't think it's a Sally ride at all. Crazy Legs which is the Huss Troika is pretty fun if you don't have a Troika near the parks you go to. It's near the Batman the Ride.

The rafting ride isn't the greatest. It doesn't have the greatest rapids. I imagine after the accident they had, they started to lower the height of the rapids. So, it's understandable.

I would expect it to be quite crowded. Not only is it spring break, but we've had a ton of rain this week that finally cleared up today. My husband works in Arlington and called over his lunch break to say "Guess what is the one place you do *not* want to be today?" So just be prepared!

I haven't been this season, but at Holiday in the Park it was crazy crowded and we only stood in one long line. That was for La Vibora, and it was mainly due to the fact that they were dispatching the cars/bobsleds with empty spaces. Then they had a shift change and the new ride op started filling the cars full. Much better!

Anyway, it's a bummer you'll miss Shockwave, but I think you'll love everything else. Texas Giant is slightly evil, so if you only ride one woodie, make it Judge Roy Scream.

I went twice this week (Monday and Wednesday). Monday was moderately busy - the rain kept a lot of people away, even though in the park it only sprinkled a couple of times. Yesterday, however, was *crazy* busy! The weather was great, a little on the cool side even, but it was gorgeous and sunny. It took me nearly an hour just to get into the park, and that was without purchasing tickets since I have a SF season pass. Every coaster had a full queue and lines for concessions stretched across the midways. I imagine Friday will be even worse. If you do go get a Flash Pass.

I would expect it to be quite crowded. Not only is it spring break, but we've had a ton of rain this week that finally cleared up today. My husband works in Arlington and called over his lunch break to say "Guess what is the one place you do *not* want to be today?" So just be prepared!

I go to school very close to the park and today it was a madhouse. Beware, they are doing lots of construction around the park because of our new Dallas Cowboys stadium being put up. 30 and 360 are both a mess.

let me just say that you texans aren't nice when it comes to merging. we waited 15 minutes to merge, and 45 minutes to even reach the start of the off-ramp. It was complete chaos trying to get anywhere, the midways were FILLED with people, you couldn't even walk in a straight line without bumping into someone.

but enough about the complete insanity, here's a quick update.

Left the house around 9:30 a.m. We got to the off ramp, and waited about an hour to get onto six flags drive. after waiting for so long, all the kids jumped out and walked the rest of the way to the park. get up to the gates around 10:45 and head straight for batman/mr. freeze, both 2 1/2 hour waits. we get in line and get yelled at to put all of our stuff in lockers, so i hide my camera.

we get in the station, ride the 30 second batman, not worth it, but they wanted to wait. after batman mr. freeze was closed fro a maintenance check. i felt bad for the guy watching the entrance, he had about 50 people ask him when it was going to open and he didn't know. after that we went around the park to find a papa johns and the line was a half hour just to get in, so we passed and decided to wait 15 minutes for turkey legs.

We got into the titan line and come to find out, it was a 5 hour wait, so we waited about 2 hours and got too hot and tired so we left, and waited 30 mins at the local gas staion for my aunt, and now i'm here. my cousin sister and I are going back aroung 7:30 and hopefully the lines will be cut down about 50 hours.

so for the five hours we were in the park, we got on a total of one roller coaster. i'm guessing just about everyone from texas was there. it was seriously ridiculous. So when we go back in about 3 hours, it'll be a lot less busy, but I don't go to parks this big that often so someone should let me know if the lines will have changed at all by then.

so let me know asap cuz we're going back in just a couple hours.

mitchellPaul

i was there today. i waited 2 hours for a flash pass and that was no good even when it buzzed we waited 40 mins to get to the station! tony hawk is no where near done and if they see you with a lose article they send you to the back of the line. my friend said he waited 4 hours for titan!

yup. never went back. A lady at the hotel said she was there from 11:30 to close and got on only 4 rides. Titan was 5 hours, Texas Giant was 3, Batman was 2 1/2, freeze was closed when we attempted it, and even the boomerang ad an unbearable wait time.

I'm kind of mad that we spent 30 bucks to spend more money and ride batman. The lines were ridiculous! They should seriously keep a low minimum so you can at least get your moneys worth. The whole day was a complete waste.

But enough about my complaining, I'll have pictures by tuesday.

I went today and oh god i couldn't even navigate threw the park because well..... TOO MANY PEOPLE! only got on 3 rides in about 7hrs and there was even lines to use the bathroom! They should close the gates if the park gets over crowded so people in the park can move.

I went today and oh god i couldn't even navigate threw the park because well..... TOO MANY PEOPLE! only got on 3 rides in about 7hrs and there was even lines to use the bathroom! They should close the gates if the park gets over crowded so people in the park can move.

There has got to be some type of capacity limit, I know I have heard them turning people away before. I hate a crowd like that. Its like the State Fair of Texas on a Saturday night, just crazy, and not even worth being there!!

I remember a few years ago, I was at the Reunion Tower for 4th of July (those familiar at all with Dallas will understand me), and the Trinity Fair was right below us. I looked down and it was just a MASS of people, it didnt even look like anyone was moving. That is probably as close to hell-crowd as I've ever seen

I'd say most rides with the exception of the (mini) mine train, B:TR if you've been on another, Flashback, and Texas Giant if you dont like rough wood are worth the wait; but thats just me lovin my SFOT

I'm goin sometime in mid-June, and I'll be sure to take photos.