TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock Park Sneak Peak Photo Trip Report

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,nice Trip report.Led Zepplin looks absolutely amazing.It may just be the most beautiful B&M in the world.That white paint just has a pretty glow.

I was thinking the same. I think the lake makes it glow much better. Iy looks beautiful

Now let's start talking about future expansions...lol...no...

Although the park does lack water rides

lol I realized the lack of trees too. Hopefully there will be more to be planted. Otherwise nice TR and the park overall looks good and maybe worth a visit next year.

This is why I'm not a fan of displaying my works in progress because things could change in a month or so when the park opens...who knows how they'll finish it, but I would venture to guess they will be adding things to these areas since it does look pretty barren right now.

They've been adding trees throughout. Keep in mind there's still a while before this park opens anyway. In Rock and Roll Heaven at least, there's quite a large amount of foliage.

Also, it's quite naive to think that a new park would have tons of old growth trees ready to provide massive shading. These things take time. Once everything is in, you've got to give it a year or two.

I visited the park as well on Monday. Here's some of my pictures:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21567

Wow, maybe this should be the shade tree thread.

Sorry, I live in Atlanta-a pretty short drive away-and I totally want to see this great new park but being a southern boy I know how brutal the summer heat can be in SC. When I look at the pics I see a giant brick oven and lack of compelling landscaping. Hopefully the breezes off the ocean will help!

Anyone know if there will be characters or streetmosphere?

There are spots all through the park for local bands to play during the day. They also said there will be actors and "people that look like guests but turn out to be actors." From the descriptions of everything else, it sounded like a bunch of street performers and actors as well as the spots for bands to play.

Tenacious D dark ride is still a must!

Or maybe a trip on the Who's Magic Bus perhaps?

They could also do some trippy shite with Pink Floyd's the Wall perhaps?

Really.. dark rides are the only thing missing from this park, imo, and there is a lot of potential for them to create a fun and creative experience.

Really.. dark rides are the only thing missing from this park, imo, and there is a lot of potential for them to create a fun and creative experience.

Like "Moody Blues Nights in White Satin: The Trip", perhaps?

http://www.discovermyrtlebeach.com/video/myrtlebeach-hardrockparkNIWSPromo.cfm

I believe it is alleged to simulate an acid trip (hence its name "The Trip" instead of "The Ride"), but they don't make it blatantly obvious. It does seem as though it will be pretty psychedelic and quite trippy though...

Now let's start talking about future expansions...lol...no...

Although the park does lack water rides

The first order of business should be an accompanying water park themed to Jimmy Buffett.

But wait, that'll never happen because nobody seems to wanna go due to the lack of trees at opening.

Zep looks incredible, but I'm even more impressed by how fun that first drop looks on the Premier ferris wheel thingy. That could just be the overlooked hidden gem of the park.