TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Senior Project: Model Roller Coaster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking Good.

I've been making model rides and coasters for the past few years, and this one looks very cool, and is interesting becuase it is actual working. Most coaster models I make are static. I go for detail and realistic, but what can really better then actual working.

I know I started a topic awhile ago about them but it died off. If anyone wants there on my site and are in the main link tab.

Keep it up and I really want you to finish this and now blow it off for some poster board and a paper, lol.

Hm...well...ever since the last update I painted the lift and the station pieces...and I need to get those attached to the supports then I'll start putting on the rails. So, the track should probably be finished sometime this weekend.

**edit**

Today I'll be going and buying the last few pieces I need for the track, then I'll put the rails on. Expect and update possibly tonight!

**UPDATE**

I've started working on the track, and it's going pretty good.

I'll need to modifty a few supports to make the track just right. I have one rail on so far!

477148187_1rail.jpg.50bfa8e51271f59c14aba0d863bc92ca.jpg

The entire thing so far.

station.jpg.7ce351c2e530842b9f1abdfe41c0174e.jpg

The track in the station. The rails will be blue also.

Very nice amount of progress so far for the limited time, and the supports are impressive. Just one issue: that one transition in the loop and the other various bumps in the track will probably sap the vehicle of much of its momentum. Is there any way to smooth those out?

Looks a bit shaky, but the supports look crazy realistic.

It's actually really sturdy in real life.

Very nice amount of progress so far for the limited time, and the supports are impressive. Just one issue: that one transition in the loop and the other various bumps in the track will probably sap the vehicle of much of its momentum. Is there any way to smooth those out?

Yeah, I'm going to move a few supports so that the track will flow better. Especially at the bottom of the loop.

::edit::

I hate to say it, but in the event it *doesn't* work, I have an alternative plan for how I can present it.

In the proposal for our project I said I would make a model but I never said if it would be working or not so....If it doesn't work I'll have little cards explaining the physics on the track...if it does work, I'll keep my original plan!

People who take their time with projects and never give up truly inspire us all.

This project that you undertook looks extremely hard, but yet you seem like, even though I'm sure there are moments where you don't feel like you are, having a good time making this model.

And it is turning out very well, and I really can't wait for the outcome.

--James

**(kind of mini) UPDATE**

I've been working on the other side of the track up to the bottom of the first drop where I'll have to adjust the supports.

My fingers are purple from dealing with all those little piecies...not sure if it's from the paint rubbing off or if they're actually bruised!

2railliftdropsofar.jpg.e8bbf030d1ed66d5fae0bbd26354d721.jpg

the entire thing so far

2raildrop.jpg.7f497d78042cf7a2f0eae763cb1724e9.jpg

the drop from above

2railliftdrop.jpg.687f6303873720e0c176f69f8ef984ab.jpg

the lift hill and drop

2raillift.jpg.8aeee6dbbb52305b3307c7587b7edac9.jpg

the lift hill